Covington Holy Cross vs. Lloyd

HCalumni32

Who wins and why?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

I think holy cross will have close to 300 yards rushing this game. Don't think Lloyd can stop Xavier Abernathy and Derrick Barnes.

HC ... I gotta call you on this one. There have only been a couple games all year where Holy Cross gained even 200 yards in a game. I think in most games they have rushed for less than 150. But you think they will get 300 against Lloyd? Keep it real.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC ... I gotta call you on this one. There have only been a couple games all year where Holy Cross gained even 200 yards in a game. I think in most games they have rushed for less than 150. But you think they will get 300 against Lloyd? Keep it real.

HC averages 200 yards per game rushing and they can hit the big play in the passing game with Williams and Sarono. LM hasn't had to defend the run and the pass equally much if at all this year.

U

Holy cross has had 5 games over 200 total rushing yards so far and 1 game over 300 total rushing yards and the other two games were around 150 yards against two pretty good defenses beechwood and Scott. So I don't see why can't holy cross get CLOSE to 300 rushing yards vs Lloyds defense.

HC averages 200 yards per game rushing and they can hit the big play in the passing game with Williams and Sarono. LM hasn't had to defend the run and the pass equally much if at all this year.

Sure they have. They played BW, and did a nice job. Tigers had a couple pick 6s and took advantage of a couple other TOs to make the score look far more lopsided than it was. They by no means ran and threw it all over the field. Against HC BW could have score 70 and I'm not sure they punted. With the exception of QB Lloyd matched the Tigers skill for skill, the only team all year that was even close in that department. Lloyd had some hosses on the lines, a glaring weakness for HC. By the eye test Lloyd is 3 TDs better, but they seem to self destruct and don't finish.

U

Holy cross has had 5 games over 200 total rushing yards so far and 1 game over 300 total rushing yards and the other two games were around 150 yards against two pretty good defenses beechwood and Scott. So I don't see why can't holy cross get CLOSE to 300 rushing yards vs Lloyds defense.

Here is where I am coming from. Strength of opponent is a big factor. Here are the Holy Cross rushing totals in order of strength of opponent, going from their weakest opponent to their strongest:

vs. 1-7 Newport ... 243 rushing yards ... Abernathy 135; Barnes 33

vs. 3-5 Holmes ... 315 rushing yards ... Abernathy 125; Barnes 45

vs. 6-2 Bethlehem ... 189 rushing yards ... Abernathy 28; Barnes 74

vs. 5-4 Walton ... 205 rushing yards ... Abernathy 64; Barnes 42

vs. Taft ... 291 rushing yards ... Abernathy 36; Barnes 113

vs. Lloyd ... ??????

vs. 4-4 New Cath ... 222 rushing yards ... Abernathy 142; Barnes 39

vs. 7-1 Scott ... 155 rushing yards ... Abernathy 99; Barnes 13

vs. 7-1 Beechwood ... 155 rushing yards ... Abernathy 46; Barnes 13

When I look at the results versus strength of opponent, I see a 200 yard team rushing total being a possibility but not 300 yards. I guess you can hang onto the Taft results and hope you can do even better against Lloyd. Maybe one of your guys can break off an 80 yard run and blow up the rushing stats? Congrats on your support and enthusiasm for Holy Cross. I am looking at this as what to expect. 300 rushing yards against Lloyd would be totally unexpected.

Lloyd had 169 yards rushing to Beechwood's 149. Stringer had 121 yards Slusher had 46. Lloyd had 385 total yards to Beechwood's 325.

Good example of how stats can be deceiving. Beechwood had two pick 6 touchdowns. BW also had a very short field at the start of the second half when Lloyd's coach went for it on 4th down at his own 30 and BW stopped them. Because of all that, Lloyd had several more offensive possessions in the game and more chances to get yardage than BW.

Here is where I am coming from. Strength of opponent is a big factor. Here are the Holy Cross rushing totals in order of strength of opponent, going from their weakest opponent to their strongest:

vs. 1-7 Newport ... 243 rushing yards ... Abernathy 135; Barnes 33

vs. 3-5 Holmes ... 315 rushing yards ... Abernathy 125; Barnes 45

vs. 6-2 Bethlehem ... 189 rushing yards ... Abernathy 28; Barnes 74

vs. 5-4 Walton ... 205 rushing yards ... Abernathy 64; Barnes 42

vs. Taft ... 291 rushing yards ... Abernathy 36; Barnes 113

vs. Lloyd ... ??????

vs. 4-4 New Cath ... 222 rushing yards ... Abernathy 142; Barnes 39

vs. 7-1 Scott ... 155 rushing yards ... Abernathy 99; Barnes 13

vs. 7-1 Beechwood ... 155 rushing yards ... Abernathy 46; Barnes 13

When I look at the results versus strength of opponent, I see a 200 yard team rushing total being a possibility but not 300 yards. I guess you can hang onto the Taft results and hope you can do even better against Lloyd. Maybe one of your guys can break off an 80 yard run and blow up the rushing stats? Congrats on your support and enthusiasm for Holy Cross. I am looking at this as what to expect. 300 rushing yards against Lloyd would be totally unexpected.

I never said that they would get over 300 I said close to it so I don't see why not holy cross can't get like 280 rushing yards against lloyds defense.

I think holy cross will have close to 300 yards rushing this game. Don't think Lloyd can stop Xavier Abernathy and Derrick Barnes.

I believe this weeks match up will say all that we need to know about this Juggs program. This game will set the tone for the playoffs (Not looking over or past Harrison County so no disrespect). The Juggs for all intents and purposes had the W over NCC and gave it away when they decided to throw instead of riding to victory on their thorobred Durham. This is Sr. Night for the Juggs and all eyes will be watching to see how Lloyd responds this week after self destructing. NCC was the biggest ground game to air threat we have played IMO. Smith had 32 carries for 150ish and 1 score I believe. The Breds QB put the ball on target every time and the WRs/DBs battled it out. The Juggs D did get caught napping a time or 2 but the run D has been working thus far. I don't think anyone who has truly watched Lloyd this yr will disagree on this statement. The 2 keys to victory are simple. 1) Can not allow teams to start drives from their own 40. 2) Costly turnovers and mental lapses in judgement have to go. It is to late in the season for those to keep happening.

I believe this weeks match up will say all that we need to know about this Juggs program. This game will set the tone for the playoffs (Not looking over or past Harrison County so no disrespect). The Juggs for all intents and purposes had the W over NCC and gave it away when they decided to throw instead of riding to victory on their thorobred Durham. This is Sr. Night for the Juggs and all eyes will be watching to see how Lloyd responds this week after self destructing. NCC was the biggest ground game to air threat we have played IMO. Smith had 32 carries for 150ish and 1 score I believe. The Breds QB put the ball on target every time and the WRs/DBs battled it out. The Juggs D did get caught napping a time or 2 but the run D has been working thus far. I don't think anyone who has truly watched Lloyd this yr will disagree on this statement. The 2 keys to victory are simple. 1) Can not allow teams to start drives from their own 40. 2) Costly turnovers and mental lapses in judgement have to go. It is to late in the season for those to keep happening.

I was at the game and I agree Lloyd should of won that game. holy cross also could of came away with a win also vs NCC. this game will be a fun one to watch.