Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they determine SOS?

3 way tiebreaker is the amount of wins your non district opponents have, I'm pretty sure.

L

My experience with tiebreakers for district seeding came last year, so the rules may have changed. Last year, the teams you beat were given points for the rest of the wins they accumulate throughout the season. Those are compared to the teams the other schools in the tie breaker situation beat and their cumulative points.

Bottom line, the advantage goes to your strength of schedule and if you beat a few teams that rack up a bunch of wins the rest of the season.

I can't give you the details right now, but yes, SOS is based strictly on wins by opponents. Each team totals the number of wins the teams they have beaten have and points are awarded based on that. I am sure someone who really knows this (Clyde?) will give the exact details on how it works.

I can't give you the details right now, but yes, SOS is based strictly on wins by opponents. Each team totals the number of wins the teams they have beaten have and points are awarded based on that. I am sure someone who really knows this (Clyde?) will give the exact details on how it works.

Last year the specific instance was in the District that included Bethlehem, Holy Cross, KCD and Caverna. Caverna was winless, but the other three teams all had 2-1 records. As it turned out, Holy Cross and Bethlehem beat more teams who went on to win more games than KCD's opponents. The seeding ended up Holy Cross #1, Bethlehem #2 and KCD#3. That's how seeding based on SOS was determined.

Is Sammons in trouble At Raceland? I know he had good year last year with TJ Maynard's players and you can't judge off one game but you got beat by a below average fairview team. Fairview defense isn't very good and only managed 22 points and several key little league coaching errors in the game. I doubt they will do anything since he's a ram and played there but just curious if this continues what may happen.

Is Sammons in trouble At Raceland? I know he had good year last year with TJ Maynard's players and you can't judge off one game but you got beat by a below average fairview team. Fairview defense isn't very good and only managed 22 points and several key little league coaching errors in the game. I doubt they will do anything since he's a ram and played there but just curious if this continues what may happen.

Tj Maynard's players? This isn't college Salmons has had a huge role in Racelands success over the years. He's gonna be at Raceland as long as he wants to be. There's no reason to call for Salmons head especially after one bad loss. Vanderhoof had a bad loss to LCA in 2008. Tj lost one to Pikeville in 2012. These things happen Raceland will bounce back and hopefully these kids use this as motivation in the playoffs.

Not really trying to make excuses, but we had some key players missing from this game. Starting DE and one of the leaders in tackles, if not the leader, Morgan Carmen didn't dress to play. Carson Christian only played defense after the first few minutes due to an injury and starting DB Josh Clark left midway thru the 1st qtr to go to the hospital with a shoulder injury. Things happen, Fairview played the game they needed to play to win the game. You can't take anything away from them, but Raceland is alot better team than what tonight's performance showed. If I were Paintsville, I wouldn't be thinking that a District Championship is a guarantee. It's a good possibility, but not a guarantee.

I certainly wouldn't call this Fairview team below average. They're a very good 1A team. Maybe Raceland isn't as good as we thought. They are still a top 5 team statewide but maybe not the title contender we thought. We'll find out next week!

Its still Beechwood, Paintsville, Russellville, Pikeville, Raceland, Fairview and Hazard. Imo, Raceland's lack on consistency all across the board makes them the weakest offense on that list. Not having Morgan off the edge was a huge loss, as was Josh going down with his shoulder. But the biggest issue was penalties. Had we not gotten a 5 yd running into the punter penalty, we go up 28-18. Had Isaac Wallace made the tackle on Fairviews 2pt conversion, Fairview needs a pat to win. We simply got beat and thats all their is to it. As for Mike being in the "hot seat", that isnt how we do things at Raceland.

Its still Beechwood, Paintsville, Russellville, Pikeville, Raceland, Fairview and Hazard. Imo, Raceland's lack on consistency all across the board makes them the weakest offense on that list.
I don't know much about russellville other than what I have read on here but I think Painstville and Pikeville have to be 2a and 2b at this point. That game came down to Kash making several incredible plays down the stretch to steal a win from a pikeville team that outplayed them the rest of the ball game. I have been big on Raceland for most of the year even with some of their not so impressive results, but now I'm not so sure. I would've given anything to be at the game last night but "unfortunately" work had me at Bell Corbin game.