The Breeder's Cup

doomer

Think we should start a thread to discuss!

News today is that Liam's Map will run the dirt Mile and not the Classic. He is a seriously fast horse, and I would think the favorite for the mile. It would have been interesting to see him in the Classic though.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several Breeders’ Cup races will be run at different distances at Keeneland than they have before. The GI Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile will be contested over Keeneland’s seven-furlong and 184 ft. Beard Course, while the GI Breeders’ Cup F/M Turf–previously held at either 1 1/4 miles or 1 3/8 miles depending on the venue–will be run over 1 3/16 miles in 2015. The GI Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint, having been run at 6 1/2 furlongs at Santa Anita and five furlongs at Churchill Downs, will take place over 5 1/2 panels in Lexington.

While the Breeders’ Cup has recently positioned its race cards so that the featured GI Breeders’ Cup Classic takes place in prime time, Keeneland does not have lights to accommodate evening or night racing.

I'm SOOO looking forward to this. I'll be there both days. Looks like the wife has us in the Trophy Room, which has access to the paddock as well as all the food and drink we can partake in.

I've been to a couple of Breeders' Cups (both at Churchill) but I think this one will be very special.

Several Breeders’ Cup races will be run at different distances at Keeneland than they have before. The GI Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile will be contested over Keeneland’s seven-furlong and 184 ft. Beard Course, while the GI Breeders’ Cup F/M Turf–previously held at either 1 1/4 miles or 1 3/8 miles depending on the venue–will be run over 1 3/16 miles in 2015. The GI Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint, having been run at 6 1/2 furlongs at Santa Anita and five furlongs at Churchill Downs, will take place over 5 1/2 panels in Lexington.

While the Breeders’ Cup has recently positioned its race cards so that the featured GI Breeders’ Cup Classic takes place in prime time, Keeneland does not have lights to accommodate evening or night racing.

It was crazy how late the races ran last year.

Now hearing that the dirt mile will be run as the dirt about 1 and 1/16th but the official timing of the race will begin at the mile pole. This is from an article in the racing form. Limited to 12 starters due to the short run in the first turn.

Can anyone confirm? I can see several horses being cross entered in multiple races just in case they draw any of the outside posts for the mile.

Been to a couple Breeders cups. This one will be a nightmare at Keenland. What a beautiful place but not large enough for this event?

I think it'll be fine. Tickets are very limited and I think they've added enough seating things will be smooth.

I hope so anyway.

Now hearing that the dirt mile will be run as the dirt about 1 and 1/16th but the official timing of the race will begin at the mile pole. This is from an article in the racing form. Limited to 12 starters due to the short run in the first turn.

Can anyone confirm? I can see several horses being cross entered in multiple races just in case they draw any of the outside posts for the mile.

Ask around today and give us the full report later. Stay off the burgoo, but the chili is pretty darn good.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I hate not having it in town, I'm glad it's making the rounds these days instead of doing the Santa Anita/Churchill back-and-forth. I hate that I have to miss Keeneland, but the one in two years at Del Mar is the one I'd REALLY love to attend.

Churchill is apparently going to try and get back in everyone's good graces and make a pitch for either the 2018 or 2019 Breeders'. Good luck to them. Maybe try not being awful to everyone involved in the industry. That's a good start.

Whinging about Churchill over.

Anyone else attending? I'm really looking forward to this.

Sounds like you have awesome seats. I have been to the Breeders cup 3 times, twice at Churchill, and once at Santa Anita.

I love Keeneland, But just see how they are going to handle the crowd. I know they added a lot of seats, but getting in and out of their, and making bets on any Saturday is nerve wracking.

If I had clubhouse tickets like you do, I would probably consider, but otherwise, no thanks.

Going to make my bets at Turfway, cookout at home with some nice beverages, and watch from my living room!

Hope you have fun, and bring back some winners!