Beechwood vs Harrison Co. (Semi-state #5)

I know Harrison has hosted for many years and yes a full infield tarp has been used during the sectional up there. In 1999 it rained the whole week in Cynthiana (surprise, surprise) and the Breds lost to eventual state champ Lexington Catholic.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the short porches I expect beechwood to win. They just have way way to many big bats in the lineup. They have great pitching good fielding, and probably some of the best bats in the state. I see the beechies winning easily. You cant intentionally walk to whole lineup. Curley, Muth, Sawyer, Neumann... to much power cant pitch around em all!

Gee,Hilltopper and Thorobred are getting some of their own attitude thrown at them.I would advise the beechies to pitch around a couple of Harrisons players or that short porch they are talking about they will be complaining about.

Beechwood barley beat Harrison.. So it could go either way. They also had Curley on the mound toward the end of the came and they pounded the ball agianst him. Harrison Co offense wont let them down. There hasnt been many times this year the pitching dominated Harrison Co. Harrison and Beechwood can both kill the ball!! If i were Beechwood i wouldnt throw Curley. If Curley throws i see Harrison (a fast ball hitting team) do just fine agianst him. Will Lewis throw for Harrison?? i heard he has had some arm trouble?? Harrison has no depth in pitching. Beechwood will take advantage of that

Lets talk about the game here. First of all Curley has no arm trouble at all, he hasnt been as good this year as in the past two years, but his last two games, he has looked like his old self. Plus you have to remember this is a best of 3 series. BW pitching is one of the best in the state...right now, so this series isnt going to come down to one pitcher. I do not think this will be an easy win for BW, but from what I've seen and heard about HC, BW just has too much talent, and expereience. Remember, 5 of their sarters played in the 2004 season when they could have, and should have beat Tinity in the state touney. Should be a good series..

Well i believe that BW will win this.. Just because of the pitching depth. I dont want to here that Beechwood has good hitting. You will be welcomed to the 10th (which wont be a warm one) and realize that every team can hit in the 10th unlike the 9th. You just cant blow your fastball by Harrison. Were talking about semi state here. We know Beechwood can hit, thats why they are there at state. HELLO!! Harrison will come out strong. You better get out ahead, and get to the bullpen. Harrison will take it. I know that Harrison dont have the best pitching, but i saw Harrison tee off of Beechwood but came out with the loss. I just cant wait!!

I gotta go with Harrison Co...make the 10th proud:ylsuper: Never under estimate Harrison Co. The other team may have more talent and picked to win, but Harrison Co never gives up, reached down deep, makes the plays and finds a way to win.

Well i believe that BW will win this.. Just because of the pitching depth. I dont want to here that Beechwood has good hitting. You will be welcomed to the 10th (which wont be a warm one) and realize that every team can hit in the 10th unlike the 9th.

Unlike the 9th...:confused:

And how do you come to that conclusion?

You are not going to beat Harrison by throwing fast balls at them all day.You have to have good off speed stuff to go along with the fastball.I was wondering about the field situation myself about specs.But both teams play on the same field and it should be good games.If Beechwood can control Custard and Ashbrook they will win.

I agree that you will not throw a fastball by them! Moore and Curley must use their off-speed pitches often to be successful against Harrison Co.

Well i believe that BW will win this.. Just because of the pitching depth. I dont want to here that Beechwood has good hitting. You will be welcomed to the 10th (which wont be a warm one) and realize that every team can hit in the 10th unlike the 9th. You just cant blow your fastball by Harrison. Were talking about semi state here. We know Beechwood can hit, thats why they are there at state. HELLO!! Harrison will come out strong. You better get out ahead, and get to the bullpen. Harrison will take it. I know that Harrison dont have the best pitching, but i saw Harrison tee off of Beechwood but came out with the loss. I just cant wait!!

Well first of all every team represented in the 9th region tourney had good sticks throughout their lineup, and i can think of a few teams from the 10th region that look pretty :confused: at the plate. I guess only time will tell though... Good luck BW!!!