Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood vs Harrison Co. (Semi-state #5)

Featured Replies

Should be a nice series, who, wins and why?

 

I will go with Beechwood. Moore and Curley are as good a 1-2 combo as any. And their lineup can hurt ya, 1 thru 9.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood should be the favorite in this one. Beechwood has much more experience and age, but Harrison County has tradition and home field advantage. It should be a very good and entertaining series.

I gotta go BW, they beat them before, but I think BW's pitching has been some of the best in the state. Also they hace a lot of Sr leadership that I think will carry them. I like the Tigers to sweep this series in 2.

You can't rule out the possible damage that Beechwood can do with the short porch in left.

You can't rule out the possible damage that Beechwood can do with the short porch in left.

That is very true, they 3 big time hitters. But HC feel comfortable at home.

That is very true, they 3 big time hitters. But HC feel comfortable at home.

 

Plus with Curley and Moore throwing with above average speed, you would think HC will end up using a lot of the opposite field. Not sure how many lefties they have.

When will they decide the times?

Harrison has 4 lefties in the starting line-up and normally speed is not a factor for them. I will post the times as soon as I hear something for sure. Beechwood could stay at the Evergreen Motel on the outskirts of Cynthiana of they don't want to travel back and forth.

The Breds make alot of contact. Doesn't seem to matter who is pitching against them. I have seen Curley, Moore, and Bankemper pitch against Brossart and Campbell County. I think the Breds will win. Should be a great Semi-State with the two head coaches involved....... GO BREDS....... do the 10th proud.

Does HC meet all the state specs for semi-finals - tarps, distance of backstop and outfield fence, etc? How far is left field?

You are not going to beat Harrison by throwing fast balls at them all day.You have to have good off speed stuff to go along with the fastball.I was wondering about the field situation myself about specs.But both teams play on the same field and it should be good games.If Beechwood can control Custard and Ashbrook they will win.

The only specs.I see and I don't know this to be fact,that might be a problem for Harrison is the minimum 250 seats between the dugouts and a tarp to cover the whole infield.I have never seen their tarp but I know there is not 250 seats between the dugouts and there is not room for that many.

I think it also states that there are exceptions to those requirements when a facility is landlocked. I am sure that the KHSAA is fully aware of the nice facility at Harrison County. It's not like it is the first time they ever hosted the Sectional or Semi-State as it is now set up.

With the short porches I expect beechwood to win. They just have way way to many big bats in the lineup. They have great pitching good fielding, and probably some of the best bats in the state. I see the beechies winning easily. You cant intentionally walk to whole lineup. Curley, Muth, Sawyer, Neumann... to much power cant pitch around em all!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.