Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood vs Harrison Co. (Semi-state #5)

Featured Replies

Gee,Hilltopper and Thorobred are getting some of their own attitude thrown at them.I would advise the beechies to pitch around a couple of Harrisons players or that short porch they are talking about they will be complaining about.

 

True it does work both ways, but if it comes to a slugfest are you going to take Harrison county or Beechwood?

 

And lets be honest, Beechwood isnt going to make many bad pitches, they showed that when they beat Ryle, St Henry, and Highlands. Curley, and Moore are STUDS! Having seen them play this past weekend they seemed to be hitting spots well, throwing with good velocity, and have nasty off speed stuff.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrison has 4 lefties in the starting line-up and normally speed is not a factor for them. I will post the times as soon as I hear something for sure. Beechwood could stay at the Evergreen Motel on the outskirts of Cynthiana of they don't want to travel back and forth.

 

I wouldn't wish a stay at the Evergreen on my worst enemy Hilltopper!:creepy:

As for the game, I've got to go with the Breds for two reasons. First they are playing at home and if you've never been to a sectional (or whatever they are calling it now) on the Hilltop, it's something special.

Second, simply put, Mac Whitaker.

I wouldn't wish a stay at the Evergreen on my worst enemy Hilltopper!:creepy:

 

 

I was just trying to gain an advantage for the Breds!:thumb:

IMO, Moore is their better "pitcher" while Curley is their harder "thrower". Not sure who I'd use first though.

To be honest, if I were Bob, I would throw Cody Elliott, or Tommy Bankemper first....for one reason. They are both very good pitchers (we all know what Tommy did in the all A state) so if you can win that first game with your 3 or 4, BW would still have their #1 and #2 pitchers left.....you have to like your chances with that. Or you can go the safe route and pitch Moore the first game. For some reason I doubt he will go to Curley 1st, but I could be worng. Will be interesting to see what he does.

I dont understand why everyone thinks that all Curley has is a fastball. You obviously have never watched him pitch, but thats fine....keeping thinking that.;):D

To be honest, if I were Bob, I would throw Cody Elliott, or Tommy Bankemper first....for one reason. They are both very good pitchers (we all know what Tommy did in the all A state) so if you can win that first game with your 3 or 4, BW would still have their #1 and #2 pitchers left.....you have to like your chances with that. Or you can go the safe route and pitch Moore the first game. For some reason I doubt he will go to Curley 1st, but I could be worng. Will be interesting to see what he does.

 

Bankemper has looked good in his last few outings. I don't think Curley throws in the first game, BTW.

Bankemper has looked good in his last few outings. I don't think Curley throws in the first game, BTW.

:thumb: :thumb:

Will Beechwood go with Curley in the opener Wednesday at 6:00? It is my understanding that all games will start at 6:00. Nothing official yet though.

Why are they starting at 6? I guess they want to keep the sun in play as long as possible.Doesn't give the Beechwood fans much time to get home from work and get to the game either.7 would be better time but I guess Mac has his reasons.

Why are they starting at 6? I guess they want to keep the sun in play as long as possible.Doesn't give the Beechwood fans much time to get home from work and get to the game either.7 would be better time but I guess Mac has his reasons.

 

We played at 6 last year at McCreary Central vs Boyle Co and I don't think Mac set the schedule for that.

 

The year before I know one game with Lafayette started at 5:00.

With games starting so early I don't see why they require the field to have lights.Just seems like they could have better crowds if the games were a little later in the evening.

  • Author
Unlike the 9th...:confused:

And how do you come to that conclusion?

 

 

 

I think Scott High is still a little bitter about not being in the 9th anymore.

:confused:

I think Scott High is still a little bitter about not being in the 9th anymore.

:confused:

I would be surprised if you were right. :thumb:

I think Scott High is still a little bitter about not being in the 9th anymore.

:confused:

 

Why would you say that, and give me a reason other than I think?

 

My guess is that they are much happier in the 10th, than being in the 35th District of the Ninth...

 

Lets see in the 35th they would be playing Basketball with, Cov Holmes, CovCath, Cov Holy Cross three of the top four teams in NKy and Beechwood a very good top ten team.

 

Baseball Beechwood, Cov Holy Cross, CovCath and Holmes three of the top five team in Baseball and the team that I think has a great shot at being the State Champion.

 

So other than the travel, why are they bitter?

I gotta go BW, they beat them before, but I think BW's pitching has been some of the best in the state. Also they hace a lot of Sr leadership that I think will carry them. I like the Tigers to sweep this series in 2.
Surprise, you of all poeple going with Beechwood!!:D
  • Author
Why would you say that, and give me a reason other than I think?

 

My guess is that they are much happier in the 10th, than being in the 35th District of the Ninth...

 

Lets see in the 35th they would be playing Basketball with, Cov Holmes, CovCath, Cov Holy Cross three of the top four teams in NKy and Beechwood a very good top ten team.

 

Baseball Beechwood, Cov Holy Cross, CovCath and Holmes three of the top five team in Baseball and the team that I think has a great shot at being the State Champion.

 

So other than the travel, why are they bitter?

 

 

 

 

 

Oh, just responding tp Gb's post #20....Don't take it so seriously OG

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.