Should this girl be charged?

LRCW

I read this story on Facebook yesterday. This is just pure evil IMO. What, if any charges should this young girl face.

Conrad Roy, who was battling with depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts, was seeking for help but instead was encouraged by his narcissistic 18-year-old girlfriend Michelle Carter to finish the business.

When Conrad started to worry about the consequences of his suicide, Michelle promised it’s not a big deal. “Everyone will be sad for a while, but they will get over it and move on. They won’t be in the depression,” she wrote.

CONRAD:
How was your day?

CARTER
: When are you doing it?

CONRAD
: Since you don’t get your snapchat anymore, I sent them to you.

CARTER
: (Smiley face) My day was okay. How was yours?

CONRAD
: Good.

CARTER
: Really?

CONRAD
: Yes.

CARTER
: That’s great. What did you do?

CONRAD
: Ended up going to work for a little bit and then just looked stuff up.

CARTER
:
When are you gonna do it? Stop ignoring the question

Several times Conrad hesitated, deep inside screaming for help, but Michelle was determined to be a grieving girlfriend getting all the attention she craved for.

“Always smile and yeah you have to just do it [suicide],” wrote Michelle when Conrad had doubts. “You have everything you need. There is no way you can fail. Tonight is the night. It’s now or never.”

[h=2]The messages Conrad and Michelle exchanged before Conrad was forced to commit suicide[/h]

https://www.bizarrepedia.com/charged-with-suicide/

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! And I hope that she never sleeps well, and is haunted by this each and every night she attempts to sleep.

What should she be charged with? Personally, I believe involuntary manslaughter is letting her off too easy.

I am not sure, at least assisted suicide? I don't see how her parents don't believe there was a crime.

They no doubt never thought she did anything wrong her whole life, and helped mode her into the person she became.

Carter continued to deny having helped guide Roy to suicide, telling police she thought nothing of their phones "disconnecting" the day of Roy's death. But on July 21, 2014, Carter sent a frantic text to her friend after she spoke to Roy's mother, who said cops would be looking at the boy's cellphone.

"It's something [cops] have to do with suicides and homicides and [Roy's mother] said they have to go through his phone and see if anyone encouraged him to do it on text and stuff," she told her friend. "[if] they read my messages with him I'm done. His family will hate me and I can go to jail."