Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should this girl be charged?

Featured Replies

I am on the fence on whether she should be charged. I can see both viewpoints. Let's add a twist that was not the case here. What if he and she were married and he had taken out a $500,000 life policy a few years earlier (exclusion period therefore over) with her as beneficiary? This same text conversation takes place. Does this change anyone's opinion...the fact that she actually gains financially by helping to talk him into it??

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those who are saying that she did nothing that deserves jail or prison.

 

What if this was your son or daughter? A son or daughter who suffered from depression? A son or daughter who was dating someone who not only did not do anything to prevent the suicide, not only encouraged them to commit suicide, but nudged your son or daughter to commit suicide, and in fact was basically getting on your sons or daughters case for basically wanting to back out?

 

I have had contact with narcissists and sociopaths, they have only care about themselves and attention, they hurt people, they can fool anyone, even professionals. I even had to convince a few LEO's I know that they were being duped, and that they didn't even realize it.

 

I'll put anything up that when this is all said and done that she will serve time.

 

If it was my son or daughter, I would want her punished (and dead)but that doesn't mean she is guilty.

She sounds like a terrible human being.

Interesting point in the article that they had not seen each other in a year.

I am on the fence on whether she should be charged. I can see both viewpoints. Let's add a twist that was not the case here. What if he and she were married and he had taken out a $500,000 life policy a few years earlier (exclusion period therefore over) with her as beneficiary? This same text conversation takes place. Does this change anyone's opinion...the fact that she actually gains financially by helping to talk him into it??

 

Most Life Insurance policies exclude suicide so it wouldn't pay out anyway.

Interesting point in the article that they had not seen each other in a year.

 

More less an internet relationship I believe I recall from hearing the story when it first came out.

 

She also told the kid to get back in the truck once he realized the carbon monoxide poisoning was working and wanted to back out.

Most Life Insurance policies exclude suicide so it wouldn't pay out anyway.

 

I've always thought that but I think its weighed sometimes on how much it is and how much has been paid.

 

My Father in Law killed himself and much to our surprise they all paid out which allowed us to pay for his funeral and keep the house afloat until it sold.

I've always thought that but I think its weighed sometimes on how much it is and how much has been paid.

 

My Father in Law killed himself and much to our surprise they all paid out which allowed us to pay for his funeral and keep the house afloat until it sold.

 

I guess it depends on the policy and the "exclusions and limitations" provisions. I guess some may actually pay out, most do not. Hate to hear about your father in law but I am glad it paid out for you guys.

I've always thought that but I think its weighed sometimes on how much it is and how much has been paid.

 

My Father in Law killed himself and much to our surprise they all paid out which allowed us to pay for his funeral and keep the house afloat until it sold.

 

Wow, unless there is no suicide exemption in that policy, that is the nicest insurance company I have ever heard of.

Wow, unless there is no suicide exemption in that policy, that is the nicest insurance company I have ever heard of.

 

Actually there were three policies if memory serves from 4 years ago. He also suffered from diagnosed depression and the policies were not "life changing" amounts, really just bill paying levels. Not sure if every company would honor them now.

I thought most polices would pay out for suicide if the policy had been in force for more than two years.

Most Life Insurance policies exclude suicide so it wouldn't pay out anyway.

 

I don't think so. Most have a one or two year exclusionary period for suicide. Once that is over, the policy pays for suicide.

I don't think so. Most have a one or two year exclusionary period for suicide. Once that is over, the policy pays for suicide.

I also think this is the case. There was a situation I was aware of and the payout was substantial.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.