Fights at Riverbend

All In

Just got back from Brad Paisley and walked up on two fights at different times(both in the Pavillon). Had friends that went to Jason Aldean last week and they said there were several on the lawn. Haven't been down there for a couple of years, is this an issue or just the norm? The Paisley crowd isn't the same as Aldean, so was kind of surprised.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It's like 30 minutes before the end of the concert. So if you can get a couple of beers just before that time and still have one as you are walking out.

Riverbend is an odd place when they serve beer. Signs all over saying that they do not accept passports, which is off as that is a government ID.

State of Ohio does not recognize it for from what I'm told.

Cut off is 30 minutes before the show is scheduled to end. Fights are the norm at country concerts, mostly the young men in the lawn.

^ It's like 30 minutes before the end of the concert. So if you can get a couple of beers just before that time and still have one as you are walking out.

Riverbend is an odd place when they serve beer. Signs all over saying that they do not accept passports, which is off as that is a government ID.

State of Ohio does not recognize it for from what I'm told.

4301.639 [Effective 9/29/2015] False identification accepted in good faith.

(A) No permit holder, agent or employee of a permit holder, or any other person may be found guilty of a violation of any section of this chapter or any rule of the liquor control commission in which age is an element of the offense, if the liquor control commission or any court of record finds all of the following:

(1) That the person buying, at the time of so doing, exhibited to the permit holder, the agent or employee of the permit holder, or the other person a driver's or commercial driver's license, an identification card as defined in section 4301.61 of the Revised Code, a military identification card issued by the United States department of defense, or a United States or foreign passport, that displays a picture of the individual for whom the license , card, or passport was issued and shows that the person buying was then at least twenty-one years of age, if the person was buying beer as defined in section 4301.01 of the Revised Code or intoxicating liquor, or that the person was then at least eighteen years of age, if the person was buying any low-alcohol beverage;

4301.639 [Effective 9/29/2015] False identification accepted in good faith.

(A) No permit holder, agent or employee of a permit holder, or any other person may be found guilty of a violation of any section of this chapter or any rule of the liquor control commission in which age is an element of the offense, if the liquor control commission or any court of record finds all of the following:

(1) That the person buying, at the time of so doing, exhibited to the permit holder, the agent or employee of the permit holder, or the other person a driver's or commercial driver's license, an identification card as defined in section 4301.61 of the Revised Code, a military identification card issued by the United States department of defense, or a United States or foreign passport, that displays a picture of the individual for whom the license , card, or passport was issued and shows that the person buying was then at least twenty-one years of age, if the person was buying beer as defined in section 4301.01 of the Revised Code or intoxicating liquor, or that the person was then at least eighteen years of age, if the person was buying any low-alcohol beverage;

Doesn't this say that you CAN use a passport for identification? Not the permit holder must accept or recognize a passport as identification.

Seems odd that the laws permits those over 18 to buy any low-alcohol beverage. Is this the old 3.2% beer reference and does that mean it is legal still in Ohio for an 18 year old?

The problem is the tailgating at 3pm by these kids before the concert as well as the mixture of pretty girls, jealousy, testosterone, etc. Until they start cracking down on the underage drinking prior to the concerts in the surrounding lots this stiff will continue.

Doesn't this say that you CAN use a passport for identification? Not the permit holder must accept or recognize a passport as identification.

Seems odd that the laws permits those over 18 to buy any low-alcohol beverage. Is this the old 3.2% beer reference and does that mean it is legal still in Ohio for an 18 year old?

The law in my last post goes into effect a month from today in Ohio. I am not sure what changed.

Of course you can refuse to serve anyone, but if you have a valid passport and a U.S. citizen, or someone visiting from another country, I would hope they can get served.

But, as far as your last post, I don't know about any concerts other than Buffett, but at the tailgate lots there are always sheriff officers driving around in a golf cart checking, of course you can see them coming. But from what I hear it's not the younger ones who are usually causing the fights. But I agree, by time the concert starts you really don't need or have to keep drinking, as you could be hammered by then anyway.

Like I said I consider Brad Paisley somewhat of a family entertainer,along the lines of a Blake Shelton, so I can only imagine what goes on at a Kid Rock concert and from what I could tell the things I saw like last night were with just a few adults in the Pavillion, not teens or college kids even. I will say this there must be either a lot of taxis leaving that place or people driving home somewhat intoxicated because every couple or group of people that was around us were all slamming either the 24 ounce cans of Bud or mixed drinks. Maybe the wait in the parking lot helps everyone sober up.:lol2:

I once had a guy pull a pocket knife on me at Riverbend during a DMB concert. He was tripping on something and was claiming I stole his car keys. Luckily a security guard was watching and caught the guy with a haymaker from behind and knocked him out. Drugs are bad.

I get all the popular male country stars confused with each other because I don't follow it that closely, but I seem to recall about a year ago where there was some news report about how common fighting was at (I think) Kenny Chesney shows.

Young drunk testosterone filled idiots seem to be the culprits who attend shows looking for trouble to prove their tough dominance.

Such a worthy cause, huh?

If there's one good example that defeats the myth that there's a certain skin color type that displays such out of control behavior, this would be it.

Young and dumb no matter the color still just equals young and dumb, and not the crowd I want to be anywhere near ever.

Although I was never a contributor to it, in my youth I witnessed my share of this kind of stupid crap at big metal concerts. Simply trying your best to hurriedly relieve yourself at intermission with a line of drunken screaming neanderthals mindlessly bearing downing on you to hurry up was just enough to take your life in your hands, with many of these classless types opting for the restroom sinks to get the job done.

Not to be outdone by drunk concert goers, sometimes Sunday morning beerfests at tailgate parties previous to Bengal games can spawn its share of unruliness, and if the game is by chance scheduled for late afternoon or night, all the more time to get some more guzzling in beforehand.