Fights at Riverbend

All In

FWIW,

I go to a couple of shows a year at Riverbend and I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a fight.

I was at the Paisley show Friday, and didn't even see a confrontation in the Lawn area. I saw plenty of really drunk people though. Plenty of 20 somethings who'd had too many, but many older people who were damn near falling down drunk. That, I don't get.

I think all the reasons given by others results in some fights for sure. Never going to change that. But maybe it's just where we where, the crowd around us Friday included some couples, groups of young friends, young girl friends, and one group of varying ages and all were fine.

Did notice on the way home a HUGE line of taxis waiting outside the main Riverbend gate though. And I mean HUGE. Course it was a Friday night show.

That's what I saw a lot of and like you, don't get that at all

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffett concerts are the one time of the year straight-laced well-off folks are permitted to show their backside and get exceedingly out-of-control wasted. Buffett concerts are massive pressure-valve releases for all of the horrible uptightedness that grips the Greater Cincy area.

Going to Van Halen tonight at Riverbend. Hopefully it will be past the bed times of all the patrons and we will not see any action. Hard to believe I saw my first VH show 30 years ago.

The only fight you may see at that concert is David Lee Roth and Eddie VanHalen fighting on stage.

1) A fight can happen anywhere at anytime. The larger the crowd, the more chance you have two or more people that are likely to fight.

2) Country concerts tend to excel at 3 elements that increase the rate at which fights occur - largest crowds, youngest crowds, most alcohol consumed by 16 - 25 year olds.