-----------------------------------------------

LOCATION...12.5N 44.8W

ABOUT 1090 MI...1755 KM E OF THE WINDWARD ISLANDS

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...75 MPH...120 KM/H

PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 295 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...992 MB...29.30 INCHES

two_atl_2d0.png

144804W5_NL_sm.gif

This might be a stupid question but what's the chance this messes with the weather for Panama City Beach. I'll be there Wednesday thru Sunday next week and hoping for good weather.

If it stays on this approximate course and speed I'd say you might get a little weather from it at the very end of your stay. In all likelihood though, it will turn north and you won't see any impact from this storm there.

This might be a stupid question but what's the chance this messes with the weather for Panama City Beach. I'll be there Wednesday thru Sunday next week and hoping for good weather.

I'll be headed to Amelia Island which is outside of Jacksonville. I'm guessing that's on the war path.

If you both would like I could set up a weather warning area for the where you will be. That is if the hurricane holds together.

I'm thinking, if Danny doesn't break apart in the Antilles, it will end up in the Gulf. Over that warm water, it could become dangerous.

Looking at it's track, I think it will fall apart before it gets to the Gulf.

The 11 am update says it has grown in strength with max sustained winds at 105 mph. Danny is now ranked at a Cat 2 storm.

It is expected to weaken some over the next 48 hours. The forecast also says that they look for Danny to make a more westerly turn on Saturday.

It is expected to restrengthen as it gets into warmer waters south of the Bahamas.