First Atlantic Hurricane of 2015

nWo

If you both would like I could set up a weather warning area for the where you will be. That is if the hurricane holds together.

That would be great. All this talk about it building up steam has me a bit worried. Especially the poster that mentioned it entering the gulf and becoming dangerous. My girlfriend and I have been so excited about this vacation for so long, we always have bad luck with weather everywhere we go.

That would be great. All this talk about it building up steam has me a bit worried. Especially the poster that mentioned it entering the gulf and becoming dangerous. My girlfriend and I have been so excited about this vacation for so long, we always have bad luck with weather everywhere we go.

No problem just let me know where you will be and when and I'll set it up.

This might be a stupid question but what's the chance this messes with the weather for Panama City Beach. I'll be there Wednesday thru Sunday next week and hoping for good weather.

I doubt you'll feel any affects from Danny. Maybe some elevated surf, as wireman mentioned, but probably not even that. The normal daily storms will generate more breaks than a hurricane that, by Wednesday, will still be 600 or 700 miles from the panhandle and in the Atlantic.

Call me a weirdo, but I want to experience a hurricane. And not a little sissy one either, at least a Cat 2 or 3.

Me too. I know in Houston a few years back when Ike passed through there were a few "Hurricane Parties" my friends on FB attended. Basically you hunker down and drink through the storm.

Even if the thing gets into the Gulf while you are still in Panama City, you would be on the top side of the storm, meaning any affects you would get would still be minimal. The bulk of the bad weather is typically southeast of the eye. There is no way it makes it up there by Sunday week, anyway.

Having said all that, the weather this summer has been weirder than normal around here. I still don't think Danny will wreck your vacation, though.