Another Planned Parenthood executive discussing the sale of "tissue".

All Tell

I think most of you are way overreacting in this thread.

If we are going to have abortion clinics, and we are going to have them no matter what any of you think or like, we should use every last available stem cell to further our species.

We certainly shouldn't take the "wrong actions" of a few and use it as a springboard to serve our own political and/or religious agendas.

This is a battle the religious right is never going to win.

It is progress, like it or not.

Okay, let me have it! :D

First, if you call what is on those videos (and the ones to come) "progress", we will just have to agree to disagree. I think it is the exact opposite of progress. Barbaric is what comes to mind to me...

Also, while I am pro-life, I have also stated on here that I understand the pro-choice argument and that I would not arrest a woman for having an abortion. Every situation is different. I totally get that. I am not calling for trying to make abortion illegal again, except for late term or partial birth abortions. But I cannot believe people are not outraged that taxpayer funds go to an organization that has leaders espousing what you see on the videos. These are not low level folks there either. You are OK with your tax money going to this organization? I am not. If those on the pro-choice side that are OK with doing abortions in a way to better harvest the body parts, then let them pay for it with private donations...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That and you can't un-ring the bell.

The long term health benefits of stem cell research trump the pro-life movement.

In simple terms, if you are pro-life you lost this battle a long time ago. If you are pro-choice you won this battle a long time ago.

And if you want to defund planned parenthood bet your bottom dollar tax exempt status will come under even greater attacks. In other words, be careful what you wish for.

They're selling body parts. It can be heard on the various videos being discussed. If there is no "human", no body parts. Correct?

Can't have it both ways.

First, if you call what is on those videos (and the ones to come) "progress", we will just have to agree to disagree. I think it is the exact opposite of progress. Barbaric is what comes to mind to me...

Also, while I am pro-life, I have also stated on here that I understand the pro-choice argument and that I would not arrest a woman for having an abortion. Every situation is different. I totally get that. I am not calling for trying to make abortion illegal again, except for late term or partial birth abortions. But I cannot believe people are not outraged that taxpayer funds go to an organization that has leaders espousing what you see on the videos. These are not low level folks there either. You are OK with your tax money going to this organization? I am not. If those on the pro-choice side that are OK with doing abortions in a way to better harvest the body parts, then let them pay for it with private donations...

I called those videos the wrong actions of a few.

Stem cell research is the progress and it is NEVER going to be stopped.

They're selling body parts. It can be heard on the various videos being discussed. If there is no "human", no body parts. Correct?

Can't have it both ways.

This issue is too sensitive to play a game of semantics.

This issue is too sensitive to play a game of semantics.

You are absolutely correct. Not playing semantics at all.

My point is, the pro choice crowd says it's not a human. If it's not a human, there can be no body parts. PP seems to have ruined their own argument.

True, and it has advanced to the point that fetuses are no longer needed for research. The killing babies crowd can't use Stem Research as a crutch any longer.

You are absolutely correct. Not playing semantics at all.

My point is, the pro choice crowd says it's not a human. If it's not a human, there can be no body parts. PP seems to have ruined their own argument.

I don't want to be argumentative but that is all semantics to me.

This is nothing more than coming up with new and more scientific terminology to describe parts of aborted fetus material.

True, and it has advanced to the point that fetuses are no longer needed for research. The killing babies crowd can't use Stem Research as a crutch any longer.

Killing babies has nothing to do with it.

We need to find a way to supply all the independent researchers with the proper materials for stem cell research. It shouldn't be only the domain of the rich and powerful.

Killing babies has nothing to do with it.

We need to find a way to supply all the independent researchers with the proper materials for stem cell research. It shouldn't be only the domain of the rich and powerful.

I don't think anyone is doing street corner Stem Cell research, every lab doing it is funded by a company that is rich and powerful. It has been reported many times that there is more than enough material available. Placenta and Cord Blood from everyday births can be used for stem cell research without ever using aborted baby tissue.

I don't think anyone is doing street corner Stem Cell research, every lab doing it is funded by a company that is rich and powerful. It has been reported many times that there is more than enough material available. Placenta and Cord Blood from everyday births can be used for stem cell research without ever using aborted baby tissue.

I am not a scientist but I think using a variety of source material is a good thing.

And make no mistake, even though I am pro-choice I think we need to be really strict about it. I am certainly not for any late term abortion that isn't a medical emergency.

In short, I think we should make use of everything available to us to advance our species.

I am not a scientist but I think using a variety of source material is a good thing.

And make no mistake, even though I am pro-choice I think we need to be really strict about it. I am certainly not for any late term abortion that isn't a medical emergency.

In short, I think we should make use of everything available to us to advance our species.

We were apparently separated at birth.

I disagree about this being the wrong actions of a few within PP. These are not low level employees. If these women in the videos were thought of as doing anything wrong within PP, the president would not be praising them. Why haven't they been fired or disciplined if there actions were deemed wrong by PP?? I think they are very popular within PP and this attitude about harvesting body parts is pretty much mainstream in PP based on the videos and the president's reaction. More to come on the video front.

I agree about stem cell research and it being progress. I actually support stem cell research as it may help many in the future. As Jumper Dad mentioned, the science is to the point that harvested fetus/baby organs are not needed though...

Again, why is our tax payer money going to these people? If you like them (and although I absolutely loathe PP I admit that many in the country like them), you and others who love them should donate to them. Set up a GOFUND page. They will make plenty IMO. I just don't want MY tax payer money going to fund PP.

I disagree about this being the wrong actions of a few within PP. These are not low level employees. If these women in the videos were thought of as doing anything wrong within PP, the president would not be praising them. Why haven't they been fired or disciplined if there actions were deemed wrong by PP?? I think they are very popular within PP and this attitude about harvesting body parts is pretty much mainstream in PP based on the videos and the president's reaction. More to come on the video front.

I agree about stem cell research and it being progress. I actually support stem cell research as it may help many in the future. As Jumper Dad mentioned, the science is to the point that harvested fetus/baby organs are not needed though...

Again, why is our tax payer money going to these people? If you like them (and although I absolutely loathe PP I admit that many in the country like them), you and others who love them should donate to them. Set up a GOFUND page. They will make plenty IMO. I just don't want MY tax payer money going to fund PP.

Wrong as in procedure wrong, but not all wrong.

I addressed your second question (the one you cite about JD) in post 40.

There are a lot of things I don't want my tax dollars going to either but I think we all need to take a deep breath on that one.