Another Planned Parenthood executive discussing the sale of "tissue".

All Tell

:lol2: I guess I will say this...I'm not a "talking points" kind of person. I am a person who personally had reason to use Planned Parenthood for birth control access, for regular women's health care when I was a newly single mom with 2 kids, a minimum wage job and no insurance. I used Planned Parenthood as my primary GYN for a decade. Not ONCE was there any info displayed about abortion, nor was there any indication that there were even abortions planned. Without Planned Parenthood, my "female problems" would have gone undiagnosed, and there's a good chance I could have developed a life threatening condition.

So, y'all preach your spiel. I'm sitting here today, and posting here today because I had access to low cost care. So, for you who are men, for you who will never have to face whether you pay for diapers or a pap smear, or speech therapy for your son or birth control, I take your comments with a healthy dose of salt and throw them to the wind.

So you will stick your head in the sand and ignore what has been shown to be very vile, if not illegal practices?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I understand your feelings about abortion, PP provides a full slate of women's health services not related to abortion. Much of the focus by those who oppose abortion are focused on abortion, so there is either a wilful ignorance of the full scope of services offered and the number of people served, or a simple intent to ignore those facts. And, again, I feel focusing on PP for abortion services while ignoring the fact that private practices provide them as well is akin to targeting only those people who can't afford to "buy" the ultimate discretion in abortion services. And it jeopardizes the access to affordable options for preventative care and treatment of conditions not related to abortion.

There is no one I know who is pro choice that is pro abortion. But defunding an organization like PP will do far more harm than good.

And all of the health services that you talk about are now mandated to be provided gratis via Obamacare so why does PP need the government funding? I know private practices do abortions, I KNOW a physician who did them (plural) as a method of birth control for his irresponsible son. Private practices don't get government funding. You can use semantics again and say that no government money is used for abortions but every tax dollar that PP receives frees up dollars to be used for abortion services.

:lol2: I guess I will say this...I'm not a "talking points" kind of person. I am a person who personally had reason to use Planned Parenthood for birth control access, for regular women's health care when I was a newly single mom with 2 kids, a minimum wage job and no insurance. I used Planned Parenthood as my primary GYN for a decade. Not ONCE was there any info displayed about abortion, nor was there any indication that there were even abortions planned. Without Planned Parenthood, my "female problems" would have gone undiagnosed, and there's a good chance I could have developed a life threatening condition.

So, y'all preach your spiel. I'm sitting here today, and posting here today because I had access to low cost care. So, for you who are men, for you who will never have to face whether you pay for diapers or a pap smear, or speech therapy for your son or birth control, I take your comments with a healthy dose of salt and throw them to the wind.

First of all, I am glad you are healthy! I get the feeling that you will defend PP to the death because you had a good experience with them so we can just agree to disagree about it. You are willing to overlook some pretty gruesome stuff because of your good experience with PP...I am not. Just today Florida raided 3 PP offices and found them doing multiple second trimester abortions - illegal. Yesterday an exec there was explaining how she sometimes alters the abortion process to make the baby more valuable to sell- illegal. All the other stuff too including a lady quoted as saying she actually ENJOYS dissecting dead babies - horrid! Go ahead and donate all you want to them. I just don't want my money going to them...to other women's health providers, sure...but not them.

BTW, that was a cheap shot, "for you who are men"...right, men never have to face questions about their health or their children's health...

First of all, I am glad you are healthy! I get the feeling that you will defend PP to the death because you had a good experience with them so we can just agree to disagree about it. You are willing to overlook some pretty gruesome stuff because of your good experience with PP...I am not. Just today Florida raided 3 PP offices and found them doing multiple second trimester abortions - illegal. Yesterday an exec there was explaining how she sometimes alters the abortion process to make the baby more valuable to sell- illegal. All the other stuff too including a lady quoted as saying she actually ENJOYS dissecting dead babies - horrid! Go ahead and donate all you want to them. I just don't want my money going to them...to other women's health providers, sure...but not them.

BTW, that was a cheap shot, "for you who are men"...right, men never have to face questions about their health or their children's health...

I also referenced people who have never been in such dire straits as to have to make those kinds of decisions. So, no, no cheap shot.

I have resisted responding anymore in this thread, but I've decided this will be my last PP post ever:

Yes, it is looking like some abominal, vile things are happening within the PP organization and at some locations. Absolutely sickening.

However, I sit here and I read that the "solution" is to defunderstand PP like that's the ultimate punishment. I tie that to the posts of the SAME posters who are chomping at the bit to completely repeal and dismantle AHCA, while saying that PP's non-abortion services are no longer relevant BECAUSE of AHCA.

In the end, if you all get your way, low-income women will be the ones who suffer. But I'm of the impression that this matters not to any of you.

This flat out angers me, and that's why I will post no more about this, regardless of any provocation. I am convinced that ANY solution short of ending any sort of assistance funded by your dollars is unacceptable to all of you.

And spare me your false pretense you care whether I'm healthy or not. It's insulting.

I also referenced people who have never been in such dire straits as to have to make those kinds of decisions. So, no, no cheap shot.

I have resisted responding anymore in this thread, but I've decided this will be my last PP post ever:

Yes, it is looking like some abominal, vile things are happening within the PP organization and at some locations. Absolutely sickening.

However, I sit here and I read that the "solution" is to defunderstand PP like that's the ultimate punishment. I tie that to the posts of the SAME posters who are chomping at the bit to completely repeal and dismantle AHCA, while saying that PP's non-abortion services are no longer relevant BECAUSE of AHCA.

In the end, if you all get your way, low-income women will be the ones who suffer. But I'm of the impression that this matters not to any of you.

This flat out angers me, and that's why I will post no more about this, regardless of any provocation. I am convinced that ANY solution short of ending any sort of assistance funded by your dollars is unacceptable to all of you.

And spare me your false pretense you care whether I'm healthy or not. It's insulting.

They are doing illegal things. To ignore that is insulting to taxpayers whose dollars are helping fund a private organization.

We all know that Obmacare will never be repealed. It has some good points, most are bad but it's here to stay regardless. Why should we as taxpayers have to fund a private organization that provides services that are covered by Obamacare?

That is semantics.

If you are pro choice you know it means you are supporting abortion in most instances.

Baloney, a person can be personally against abortion, but understand that women do have choice on what can happen to their body.

Doesn't mean you support abortion at all.

I really meant it when I said I was glad you are healthy...so I do not apologize at all for saying it even if it insulted you. I actually enjoy SOME, not all of your posts on a variety of subjects, not this subject obviously...

Baloney, a person can be personally against abortion, but understand that women do have choice on what can happen to their body.

I respectfully disagree.

How can you be against abortion and yet agree with the decision to kill a child?

That's talking out of both sides of your mouth.

I respectfully disagree.

How can you be against abortion and yet agree with the decision to kill a child?

That's talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Didn't expect you to agree. Thought people would understand how people can be that way , though. Understanding others beliefs and values are the root causes of the division in this country IMO.

While I am very much against abortion, I understand your point. I am not a woman and have a problem telling a woman they cannot have an abortion when her life is in danger or she has been raped. I also understand that everyone's situation is different so who am I to tell a woman that she cannot have an abortion in the first trimester for any reason? Late term abortions and especially partial birth abortions are murder in my book however.

Don't get me wrong, I think that in almost all cases, abortion is evil. However, are you going to arrest a woman for having an early term abortion? I am not...

Didn't expect you to agree. Thought people would understand how people can be that way , though. Understanding others beliefs and values are the root causes of the division in this country IMO.

I will never understand anyone who thinks it's OK to take the life of an innocent child.

If that is what abortion is and then I understand you think that way. However, some don't believe that is so. But you won't understand that either. Carry on.

Those that don't believe it are ignoring the obvious and science for that matter.

I guess you don't understand that. Carry on.