Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another Planned Parenthood executive discussing the sale of "tissue".

Featured Replies

The current bill that was voted on just reallocates the $530 million from PP to community health centers.

 

There are more community centers than Planned Parenthood.

 

Did Texas reallocate funds or just get rid of it?

 

Can you please address the above question Clyde?

  • Replies 148
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isnt the story I read this morning but it does address Texas and the challenges faced.

Planned Parenthood Was Defunded by Texas: Here's What Congress Can Learn - ABC News

 

From the article:

 

Texas’ experience is not completely indicative of what might happen on a federal level, in part because the defunding would be targeted specifically at Planned Parenthood, not other family planning clinics.

Nurse Admits It's 'Fun' To Dissect Baby In New PP Transcript | The Daily Caller

 

“It would be exciting too if you needed it dissected, because LaShonda and I are the most Curious George of the group,” Farrell says. “I know it’s sickening on some level, but it’s fun.”

 

We should probably view the unedited version just to make sure her words weren't misconstrued.

Question because I really do not know. Do people who go to PP for an abortion pay for that? Are our tax dollars really paying for abortions?

If they can't pay then taxpayer money pays it..

If they can't pay then taxpayer money pays it..

 

Are you 100% certain?

Are you 100% certain?
Yep..
  • Author
Are you 100% certain?

 

I thought that was one of the main arguments that proponents of Planned Parenthood put forth, that they provided "health services" (I use quotes because I don't consider elective abortion a health service) to the poor so they shouldn't be defunded.

I thought that was one of the main arguments that proponents of Planned Parenthood put forth, that they provided "health services" (I use quotes because I don't consider elective abortion a health service) to the poor so they shouldn't be defunded.

 

While I understand your feelings about abortion, PP provides a full slate of women's health services not related to abortion. Much of the focus by those who oppose abortion are focused on abortion, so there is either a wilful ignorance of the full scope of services offered and the number of people served, or a simple intent to ignore those facts. And, again, I feel focusing on PP for abortion services while ignoring the fact that private practices provide them as well is akin to targeting only those people who can't afford to "buy" the ultimate discretion in abortion services. And it jeopardizes the access to affordable options for preventative care and treatment of conditions not related to abortion.

 

There is no one I know who is pro choice that is pro abortion. But defunding an organization like PP will do far more harm than good.

While I understand your feelings about abortion, PP provides a full slate of women's health services not related to abortion. Much of the focus by those who oppose abortion are focused on abortion, so there is either a wilful ignorance of the full scope of services offered and the number of people served, or a simple intent to ignore those facts. And, again, I feel focusing on PP for abortion services while ignoring the fact that private practices provide them as well is akin to targeting only those people who can't afford to "buy" the ultimate discretion in abortion services. And it jeopardizes the access to affordable options for preventative care and treatment of conditions not related to abortion.

 

There is no one I know who is pro choice that is pro abortion. But defunding an organization like PP will do far more harm than good.

 

 

That is semantics.

 

If you are pro choice you know it means you are supporting abortion in most instances.

While I understand your feelings about abortion, PP provides a full slate of women's health services not related to abortion. Much of the focus by those who oppose abortion are focused on abortion, so there is either a wilful ignorance of the full scope of services offered and the number of people served, or a simple intent to ignore those facts. And, again, I feel focusing on PP for abortion services while ignoring the fact that private practices provide them as well is akin to targeting only those people who can't afford to "buy" the ultimate discretion in abortion services. And it jeopardizes the access to affordable options for preventative care and treatment of conditions not related to abortion.

 

There is no one I know who is pro choice that is pro abortion. But defunding an organization like PP will do far more harm than good.

 

Utter nonsense and straight from the liberal talking points. The proposals I have seen to defund PP also want to give those same dollars to other women's health providers who aren't in the business of selling dead baby body parts for profit. Those defending PP act like there is nowhere else for a woman to get health care. Simply not true. Have you actually watched the videos? These people are either so desensitized to what they are doing that they don't realize it or are just bad people. Either way, I don't want my tax money going to people who do this with no remorse and in some cases, actually ENJOY dissecting dead babies. Is there anything more disgusting than that??

Utter nonsense and straight from the liberal talking points. The proposals I have seen to defund PP also want to give those same dollars to other women's health providers who aren't in the business of selling dead baby body parts for profit. Those defending PP act like there is nowhere else for a woman to get health care. Simply not true. Have you actually watched the videos? These people are either so desensitized to what they are doing that they don't realize it or are just bad people. Either way, I don't want my tax money going to people who do this with no remorse and in some cases, actually ENJOY dissecting dead babies. Is there anything more disgusting than that??

 

:lol2: I guess I will say this...I'm not a "talking points" kind of person. I am a person who personally had reason to use Planned Parenthood for birth control access, for regular women's health care when I was a newly single mom with 2 kids, a minimum wage job and no insurance. I used Planned Parenthood as my primary GYN for a decade. Not ONCE was there any info displayed about abortion, nor was there any indication that there were even abortions planned. Without Planned Parenthood, my "female problems" would have gone undiagnosed, and there's a good chance I could have developed a life threatening condition.

 

So, y'all preach your spiel. I'm sitting here today, and posting here today because I had access to low cost care. So, for you who are men, for you who will never have to face whether you pay for diapers or a pap smear, or speech therapy for your son or birth control, I take your comments with a healthy dose of salt and throw them to the wind.

Isn't everything that PP offers (with the exception of abortions) supposed to be covered by Obamacare? If so, why do they need tax dollars to operate? Should they not be like all other private entities and operate on what insurance pays?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.