Religious Controversy at Danville High School Event

Wireman

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that she is a practicing Muslim.

If she is Muslim, than my only issue is with the appalling reaction from the community. Just because she doesn't share the same faith as many/most in the community, doesn't mean she has any less right to express her faith.

If she is Muslim, than my only issue is with the appalling reaction from the community. Just because she doesn't share the same faith as many/most in the community, doesn't mean she has any less right to express her faith.

Was there an appalling reaction from the community? It sounded like a couple bloggers were the ones upset unless I missed something.

My favorite part was the person that said there was no other prayer to "balance" things???? What balance was needed? She said a prayer to the same God Christians worship.

So we all agree that's it not an issue regarding separation of church and state since it's voluntary.

Who then gets to make the decisions as to which religions get to be represented? If it's not a church/state issue then I'd have to ask if there is really anyone who can say all religions have to be allowed to speak.

If a church hosts it can't the church say "We don't allow Jews to worship here" or "We don't allow anyone to pray to any god besides ours?"

First: Allah = GOD! They are one in the same.

The writer of that blog showed her true colors. Very intolerant, perhaps a bigot?

I have no issue at all with prayer at a public school, in fact I encourage it. BUT, the reason behind not allowing open prayer is seen right in Danville, others beliefs are to be shoved down everyone's throat and you are expected to sit there, shut up, and not say a word if you object or want to pray your way. THIS is what some Christians don't understand, their intolerance of others beliefs will end up hurting themselves. What will happen next year, and following years? Due to the intolerance there more than likely will not be anymore baccalaureate services again. Now everyone will lose.

Was there an appalling reaction from the community? It sounded like a couple bloggers were the ones upset unless I missed something.

My favorite part was the person that said there was no other prayer to "balance" things???? What balance was needed? She said a prayer to the same God Christians worship.

There's a pretty strong reaction on Facebook.

Not the same being.

There may be some things that most people may know more about that I, but religion and the Bible are not one of them.

Allah is the Arabic word for "the God". In early Christianity Allah was the word used for God. This was very early in Christianity, LONG before Islam was even a thought.

Allah is the God of Abraham

There may be some things that most people may know more about that I, but religion and the Bible are not one of them.

Allah is the Arabic word for "the God". In early Christianity Allah was the word used for God. This was very early in Christianity, LONG before Islam was even a thought.

Allah is the God of Abraham

I'm not going to argue you with you. But I'd be happy to see your proof with the God of Christianity is the same being as the Allah of Islam.

Yes. There is an appalling reaction from the community.

So we all agree that's it not an issue regarding separation of church and state since it's voluntary.

Who then gets to make the decisions as to which religions get to be represented? If it's not a church/state issue then I'd have to ask if there is really anyone who can say all religions have to be allowed to speak.

If a church hosts it can't the church say "We don't allow Jews to worship here" or "We don't allow anyone to pray to any god besides ours?"

Sure. And then the school can agree to not have that church host it as well.