Religious Controversy at Danville High School Event

Wireman

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a transcript of the prayer said by the girl. What am I missing? What did the blogger get upset about? It seems her argument is that the ceremony should be limited to Christianity.

I'm guessing her biggest complaint wasn't the words said, but rather the first language they were said in.

Whats the need for it?

Again, whats the need for the regular graduation ceremony? It's not like the kids won't get their diploma if principle doesn't hand them a rolled up blank piece of paper and they don't get to throw their hats in the air.

Again, whats the need for the regular graduation ceremony? It's not like the kids won't get their diploma if principle doesn't hand them a rolled up blank piece of paper and they don't get to throw their hats in the air.

The need is so places like NKU can fill their arena and charge a usage fee, and then not pay their coaches.

I'm guessing her biggest complaint wasn't the words said, but rather the first language they were said in.

I wonder if the complaint would have been the same if a "cantor" recited a prayer from the Talmud in Hebrew? :idunno:

They are... Allah is just the Arabic word for God. To say that the Muslim God is not the same as the Christian God is also to say that the Jewish God is different, as well. They are all Semitic religions.

They are... Allah is just the Arabic word for God. To say that the Muslim God is not the same as the Christian God is also to say that the Jewish God is different, as well. They are all Semitic religions.

Ok, back to my post from two days ago...

Do Muslims believe in the Holy Trinity? Do they believe in Jesus? Do they believe Jesus was murdered on the cross but arose from the dead?

I wonder if the complaint would have been the same if a "cantor" recited a prayer from the Talmud in Hebrew? :idunno:

We had this same discussion at lunch yesterday. I'm guessing Hebrew gets an eye-raise, Hindi gets laughed at, and Arabic gets a blog post and Facebook meltdown.

Ok, back to my post from two days ago...

Do Muslims believe in the Holy Trinity? Do they believe in Jesus? Do they believe Jesus was murdered on the cross but arose from the dead?

Just because the way Christians interpret the nature of God is different from Islam and Judaism doesn't mean all three aren't still talking about the same Creator.

Again, the God of Abraham is the same in all three.

Didn't read every comment ( too many pages ) BUT if the muslim student seemed to take any shot at Christianity in her prayer I'd be very disappointed and upset . The speaker is free to express and praise/worship as they please , but that shouldnt include any disrespecting of other religions . Just as I wouldnt expect a Christian to go off on some ramble about why his or her religion is the only true religion . This service was not the time or place for that .