Religious Controversy at Danville High School Event

Wireman

Ok, back to my post from two days ago...

Do Muslims believe in the Holy Trinity? Do they believe in Jesus? Do they believe Jesus was murdered on the cross but arose from the dead?

Actually they do believe that Jesus was a prophet from God.

The believe that he wasn't actually crucified but raised by God into God's presence.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't read every comment ( too many pages ) BUT if the muslim student seemed to take any shot at Christianity in her prayer I'd be very disappointed and upset . The speaker is free to express and praise/worship as they please , but that shouldnt include any disrespecting of other religions . Just as I wouldnt expect a Christian to go off on some ramble about why his or her religion is the only true religion . This service was not the time or place for that .

None of that happened.

Didn't read every comment ( too many pages ) BUT if the muslim student seemed to take any shot at Christianity in her prayer I'd be very disappointed and upset . The speaker is free to express and praise/worship as they please , but that shouldnt include any disrespecting of other religions . Just as I wouldnt expect a Christian to go off on some ramble about why his or her religion is the only true religion . This service was not the time or place for that .

And no one did the above.

This is what she said:

"The senior is of the Muslim faith and, true to her faith, chose to read for her classmates a passage from the Quran in both Arabic and English, an excerpt which says, “In the name of God, the infinitely compassionate and merciful. Praise be to God, Lord of all the worlds. The compassionate, the merciful. Ruler on the day of reckoning. You alone we do worship, and you alone we do ask for help. Guide us on the straight path, the path of those who have received your grace; not the path of those who have brought down wrath, nor of those who wonder astray.”

Sounds OK to me .. I thought I read something , maybe inaccurately from the blogger that said the speaker questioned Christianity . No need to pile on :)

The blogger is a close minded bigot who didn't understand a word the kid said and didn't bother to get a translation either.

This is what she said:

"The senior is of the Muslim faith and, true to her faith, chose to read for her classmates a passage from the Quran in both Arabic and English, an excerpt which says, “In the name of God, the infinitely compassionate and merciful. Praise be to God, Lord of all the worlds. The compassionate, the merciful. Ruler on the day of reckoning. You alone we do worship, and you alone we do ask for help. Guide us on the straight path, the path of those who have received your grace; not the path of those who have brought down wrath, nor of those who wonder astray.”

Wow, so controversial. Guess there must've been some ululation involved that freaked some folks out.

So they don't believe the Bible.

The fact that they have different scriptures than Christians doesn't change a single thing about the fact that Islam, Judaism and Christianity all derive their religious roots from the God of Abraham.

The fact that they have different scriptures than Christians doesn't change a single thing about the fact that Islam, Judaism and Christianity all derive their religious roots from the God of Abraham.

I think the better question is whether or not he thinks Jews worship the same god as Christians since they clearly don't believe in the trinitarian doctrine.

This is what she said:

My guess is, she says the prayer only in English and a majority of the crowd doesn't even realize its from the Quran. :sssh: