Societal Decay

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that surprises me in these riots is the lack of killings. I truly am surprised business owners don't defend their business and shoot the thieves. Why doesn't that happen?

In the crazy world we live in, if a store owner defended his store from looters, the looters would sue and end up owning the store. If the police are not allowed to stop the looters, I am sure individual business owners are not as well.

Just playing Devil's Advocate again, but I would take it a step further and say that if you took the bolded and applied it to police brutality, then the same would ring true. You aren't helping crime when you paralyze someone who gets arrested on the ride downtown. You aren't helping the public's trust of police when you shoot someone in the back and appear to be planting evidence on them.

1.) We don't know exactly what went down in Baltimore yet, right? Darren Wilson looked very guilty at one time. Turns out he did absolutely nothing wrong, but a lot of people lied and said he did.

2.) The second guy you mentioned was arrested. What else can police do beyond that? As far as I know, he had no prior history of anything indicating he'd do what he did.

1.) We don't know exactly what went down in Baltimore yet, right? Darren Wilson looked very guilty at one time. Turns out he did absolutely nothing wrong, but a lot of people lied and said he did.

2.) The second guy you mentioned was arrested. What else can police do beyond that? As far as I know, he had no prior history of anything indicating he'd do what he did.

As far as number 1 goes, you are correct, we don't know. However, from the police reports it was never alleged that he was violent at any point during the process--he just ran from them. Unless he snapped his own neck he was injured somewhere in the arrest process or transportation. I think that is clear.

Society in this country has gone down the crapper in the last 5 or so years. Our leader hasn't helped anything and the elitist mentality and entitlement that many show is just scraping the surface.

I I would guess 90% of the Baltimore protestors

could careless about why they are supposed to be protesting and have decided to simply riot to riot.

If if I lived in Baltimore id

buy my first gun and carry everywhere. Any of the scum thugs approach me they get a lead diet.

As far as number 1 goes, you are correct, we don't know. However, from the police reports it was never alleged that he was violent at any point during the process--he just ran from them. Unless he snapped his own neck he was injured somewhere in the arrest process or transportation. I think that is clear.

I think it is clear that we don't know what happened yet.

Can we agree on this: He was arrested for a non-violent offense. According to the police reports he did not resist arrest. He died of injuries sustained in police custody.

Didn't he run away? If that's not resisting, I don't know what is.

I don't know how they got him to stop running. I don't know what happened after he was arrested.

True. But they're not the ones that sell papers and TV ad revenue.

Let's get real. This talk is silly. Obviously the news should be focusing on the city burning and the rioters. It's much bigger news than a peaceful protest. The state of Maryland just declared a state of emergency. The gangs in the city ruined any hope of any real dialogue being taken place . That isn't the media's fault.

Didn't he run away? If that's not resisting, I don't know what is.

I don't know how they got him to stop running. I don't know what happened after he was arrested.

According to the police reports he wad only pursued after he ran. No attempt to detain him was made until (in the words of the police) he made eye contact and tan. Once the police decided that to chase him for running he was detained. They then found that he had a knife and arrested him. Again according to their own report, he was taken into custody without incident. So if he took off on his own and was never detained beforehand how could that be resisting?

According to the police reports he wad only pursued after he ran. No attempt to detain him was made until (in the words of the police) he made eye contact and tan. Once the police decided that to chase him for running he was detained. They then found that he had a knife and arrested him. Again according to their own report, he was taken into custody without incident. So if he took off on his own and was never detained beforehand how could that be resisting?

You are missing my point. He ran and at some point they caught him. Did he just stop and put his hands behind his back, or did they forcefully stop him? I don't know.

Isn't running from police by definition resisting ?

Isn't running from police by definition resisting ?

Not when they didn't try to detain him initially. They only decided to detain him when he ran. They try to detain him and he ran. They decided that his running after "making eye contact" was a reason to detain him. By their own accounts he never resisted and was not charged with resisting or evading. How much clearer can that be?