Infamous and Intriguing Kentucky Sagas

se7ens

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Story of Hal Mark Cobb:

For the last year the police had waged a national search for Mr. Cobb, a former minister in Lexington, Ky., who was wanted on charges that he electrocuted his wife 10 years ago. Mr. Cobb had told the police at the time that the couple's cat had knocked a hair dryer into the bathtub as his wife, Lisa Cobb, bathed.

Fugitive Gives Up to Face Homicide Charge - NYTimes.com

This link has more detail.

On a personal note, right after I was born my Mom and Dad rented this house from him. My first bath's were taken in the bath tub where he murdered her...

A Message from Ray the D.A. - Issue: #34

Cobb was a minister of music at the Southern Acres Christian Church in the early 80's in Lexington. He had been living a double life since he was a child, marrying and becoming a minister, while also being homosexual and sneaking out to gay bars at night.

...On the morning of the murder, Cobb obtained an extension cord and, when his wife was in the bathtub, he dropped the hair dryer into the water, causing her to be electrocuted. He had been covering the murder by claiming the cat knocked the dryer in the water by accident. Coleman told a detective of the Los Angeles Police Department about Cobb's confession and the journal record

Victim's Sister Haunted by Slaying a Year After FBI Agent Confessed : Crime: Susan Smith's family, believing her death was motivated by more than an unwanted pregnancy, is pursuing further investigation. - latimes

FBI agent Mark Putnam killing Susan Daniels Smith in Pikeville, and burying the body in the mountains. Was the first FBI agent convicted of murder, not sure if there have been any more since. There was also a TV movie based on the story, Betrayed by Love.

• 5 years later...