Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andrew Harrison needs to apologize for his comments

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'm not embarrassed as an alumni or fan. Emotions ran high. I don't agree with or understand the sentiment that he must do an interview.

The reason I wish he'd do an interview is because the fact that his comment has already been plastered everywhere including on ESPN. An interview is something that could also be shown everywhere. That's why.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reason I wish he'd do an interview is because the fact that his comment has already been plastered everywhere including on ESPN. An interview is something that could also be shown everywhere. That's why.

 

The person who needed the apology got it. Anything else is unnecessary and superfluous, IMO.

 

If having the masses know about the apology is necessary, I would argue his tweet is the best mechanism for this- the word got out instantly and reached millions.

I told my wife that I could see the officials ejecting Lyles. Stunned it was nothing.
My opinion is that in real time it didn't appear as malicious as the replay version in slow motion. You slow down tape and elbows occur all the time, intentional/malicious or not. But yes, still deserved a flagrant 1.
The person who needed the apology got it. Anything else is unnecessary and superfluous, IMO.

 

If having the masses know about the apology is necessary, I would argue his tweet is the best mechanism for this- the word got out instantly and reached millions.

 

That's today's mechanism. I imagine Kaminsky has already forgot about it as he prepares to play in the NC. In fact, I imagine he got a little pleasure out of the whole thing with the tables being turned from last year.

It wasn't just Frank that deserves an apology. It is the entire fanbase also that he embarrassed. A lot of people don't have twitter, a way to reach a lot of people would be better IMO.

 

That fan base was too busy acting like a fool in Lexington last night. I think they can manage without an apology.

Lyles = Laettner?

 

What are you having today for Easter lunch and dinner?

The lack of concern for this by most of BBN is predictable.

The lack of concern for this by most of BBN is predictable.

 

Don't misconstrue my belief that the apology directly to Frank was enough as a lack of concern.

 

I haven't seen this lack of concern that you speak of. Please elaborate and share examples.

The lack of concern for this by most of BBN is predictable.

 

And you making this post is more predictable.

Don't misconstrue my belief that the apology directly to Frank was enough as a lack of concern.

 

I haven't seen this lack of concern that you speak of. Please elaborate and share examples.

 

You can browse Twitter and Facebook just like I can. It's not hard to notice a lack of discussion about this and the Trey Lyles non-call. Had either situation happened with a player that was facing Kentucky, they would be every kind of thug under the sun.

You can browse Twitter and Facebook just like I can. It's not hard to notice a lack of discussion about this and the Trey Lyles non-call. Had either situation happened with a player that was facing Kentucky, they would be every kind of thug under the sun.

 

UK fans are having discussions about both here. If you choose allow Twitter and Facebook to define an entre fan base then that is fallacious on your part, not BBN.

UK fans are having discussions about both here. If you choose allow Twitter and Facebook to define an entre fan base then that is fallacious on your part, not BBN.

 

Which is why I said MOST. Not all.

Which is why I said MOST. Not all.

 

I disagree with the characterization of most. Again, on sites like this one that are full of UK fans the discussions are being had. My Facebook and Twitter streams look different than yours, obviously. Every fan base has the outliers. I choose not to paint the entire fan base with a broad brush based on the actions of some. JMO.

I disagree with the characterization of most. Again, on sites like this one that are full of UK fans the discussions are being had. My Facebook and Twitter streams look different than yours, obviously. Every fan base has the outliers. I choose not to paint the entire fan base with a broad brush based on the actions of some. JMO.

 

I hear what you are saying. But there is a much bigger contingent of BBN on Facebook and Twitter than there is on BGP. Reading on here is actually how I know not all of BBN are nut jobs, even though we have several of those here too.

I don't think Harrison should be ruined for what he said last night but it was clearly wrong. What bothers me is that if roles were reversed and Kaminsky said something racially insensitive regarding Harrison after the game the outcry would be far different. This frustrates me and many others - different set of rules for some groups compared to others.

 

If Kaminsky said word for word what Harrison said, he would and should be suspended the championship game. A black kid calling a white kid that word is totally different if it was the opposite way around.

 

This and this

Edited by rockmom

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.