April 5, 201511 yr I hear what you are saying. But there is a much bigger contingent of BBN on Facebook and Twitter than there is on BGP. Reading on here is actually how I know not all of BBN are nut jobs, even though we have several of those here too. I agree with everything you have said and like you I hear what those non-BBNer, UK fans are saying. But for every 25 UK fans I know socially,thru work,etc., 20 are just like Matt Jones. It's hard to get on board with that and like I said earlier I had a $50 at 30-1 for UK to go undefeated, which went against my rules of never bet on a team you can't cheer for
April 5, 201511 yr Author That fan base was too busy acting like a fool in Lexington last night. I think they can manage without an apology. I'm part of that fanbase and I wasn't in Lexington last night.
April 5, 201511 yr Author You can browse Twitter and Facebook just like I can. It's not hard to notice a lack of discussion about this and the Trey Lyles non-call. Had either situation happened with a player that was facing Kentucky, they would be every kind of thug under the sun. I disagree. Actually the majority of posts I've read in FB about this is from UK fans and they, like me, are not happy about what he said and are holding him accountable. Maybe be the reason you aren't seeing it is because you don't have many UK fans as FB friends so you aren't seeing all the posts.
April 5, 201511 yr I disagree. Actually the majority of posts I've read in FB about this is from UK fans and they, like me, are not happy about what he said and are holding him accountable. Maybe be the reason you aren't seeing it is because you don't have many UK fans as FB friends so you aren't seeing all the posts. I'm glad you all are seeing posts expecting accountability. Nice to know there are more people out there with the right mindset.
April 5, 201511 yr I'm part of that fanbase and I wasn't in Lexington last night. You still don't get an apology. Harrison apologized to the one person he needed to say sorry to. A black kid saying that word after his emotions running high is not a story. Edited April 5, 201511 yr by rockmom
April 5, 201511 yr Author You still don't get an apology. Harrison apologized to the one person he needed to say sorry to. A black kid saying that word after his emotions running high is not a story. It was the lack of class he showed and he is a representative of the team in which a huge fanbase supports. What he did was an embarasent to those who have supported that team and defended that team the entire season. The things said in defense of that team by many UK fans throughout the year and the support they have given should mean something to Andrew, and what he said wasn't just a slap in the face of Kaminsky but also a slap in the face of all of is who have defended him and the team all year long. People would say they are classless and this and that and we would defend them with great articles and stories of all their good deeds painting a picture of respect etc and what he did was shot down every thing we defended them against. So so if you feel he doesn't need to apologize to anyone else then that is your opinion. I in the other hand think he disgraced the program with his actions more than helped it. Edited April 5, 201511 yr by rockmom
April 5, 201511 yr It was the lack of class he showed and he is a representative of the team in which a huge fanbase supports. What he did was an embarasent to those who have supported that team and defended that team the entire season. The things said in defense of that team by many UK fans throughout the year and the support they have given should mean something to Andrew, and what he said wasn't just a slap in the face of Kaminsky but also a slap in the face of all of is who have defended him and the team all year long. People would say they are classless and this and that and we would defend them with great articles and stories of all their good deeds painting a picture of respect etc and what he did was shot down every thing we defended them against. So so if you feel he doesn't need to apologize to anyone else then that is your opinion. I in the other hand think he disgraced the program with his actions more than helped it. Dramatic much? This is gonna be forgotten after monday night. It boils down to this, white people can't get away with saying that word and black people can. Is it a double-standard? Yes. Is it a big deal no. Besides, harrison and his buddies have made the university millions. He isn't known for stealing crab legs, he was never accused of rape, he never got on top of a table shouting nasty things,and he never shot a air soft gun at fellow students. Him of all people saying the n-word is down the totem pole in terms of "disgracing" the university.
April 5, 201511 yr I agree with everything you have said and like you I hear what those non-BBNer, UK fans are saying. But for every 25 UK fans I know socially,thru work,etc., 20 are just like Matt Jones. It's hard to get on board with that and like I said earlier I had a $50 at 30-1 for UK to go undefeated, which went against my rules of never bet on a team you can't cheer for I am guessing the % is much closer to 60/40 or 75/25 good to bad. The minority are just much louder and more obnoxious. You know how when you buy a car and you start seeing that same model and color everywhere? Are there really more of those cars out there than the day before? No. You just notice them. Same is true for those with BBN Blinders. Their reaction on FB, Twitter and, to a lesser extent here, was predictable: "refs screwed us, how much were they getting paid?, CBS/TBS didn't want us to win [which is crazy since a Duke v. UK rematch might have been the highest ranked TV show in a while], they just don't like Cal, they hate the 1 & dones, etc."
April 5, 201511 yr Funny how Octavious Ellis is labeled a "thug" for his forearm to Hammonds chin/neck in the Purdue game yet some believe Harrison should get a pass for comments made "in the heat of the moment." I don't care how mad you are' date=' you don't say what he said out loud and get a "pass." And one fan (John Anthony) said Lyles "brushed" Gasser's face when it was a clear open hand slap. Ellis got tossed for his actions but Lyles gets away with a clear action that warranted a flagrant and possible ejection. :lol2: Glad Hellbird has the right perception on these things. And for the record, I was rooting for UK last night because of my wife and her family.[/quote'] Glad you are the democratic world police Walt. Keep leading us on.
April 5, 201511 yr What are you having today for Easter lunch and dinner? Grilling burgers and dogs; wife's world's best potato salad!
April 5, 201511 yr I have edited this thread for numerous violations of Rule #8 8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule. And rule #14 14. If you repost or quote content that is against the rules, you are similarly as guilty, and face the identical consequences as the member who originated it. This will be the only warning. The next violation(s) will result in this thread being closed.
April 5, 201511 yr Author Dramatic much? This is gonna be forgotten after monday night. It boils down to this, white people can't get away with saying that word and black people can. Is it a double-standard? Yes. Is it a big deal no. Besides, harrison and his buddies have made the university millions. He isn't known for stealing crab legs, he was never accused of rape, he never got on top of a table shouting nasty things,and he never shot a air soft gun at fellow students. Him of all people saying the n-word is down the totem pole in terms of "disgracing" the university. This won't be forgotten after Monday. I dont even care if he didn't use the that word, that isn't what I am ashamed of. I Would feel the same if he just said F Kaminsky.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.