Best Band NOT in the Rock 'n Roll HOF

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When one considers some of the bands/pop artists who have made the HOF or are about to, I would consider it almost a badge of honor to not be in the hall.

How can Yes, Deep Purple, Bad Company and especially Cheap Trick not be in?

For ELO not to be in is a travesty in my opinion. Now, the electors to the HOF may not view ELO as a typical "band" simply because it was a rotating cadre of people through the years who made the band, with Jeff Lynne as the only constant and he being the dominate influence. But still, it was/is a band, they had some big hits, made some great music and were extremely musically influential. Seems to me they more than meet all the criteria to be in the HOF.

For ELO not to be in is a travesty in my opinion. Now, the electors to the HOF may not view ELO as a typical "band" simply because it was a rotating cadre of people through the years who made the band, with Jeff Lynne as the only constant and he being the dominate influence. But still, it was/is a band, they had some big hits, made some great music and were extremely musically influential. Seems to me they more than meet all the criteria to be in the HOF.

Actually during the peak (mid to late 70's) they were consistently the same.

Jeff Lynne

Richard Tandy on Keyboards

Bev Bevan on percussion

Kelly Groucutt on bass and harmonies (an occasional lead vocal)

The strings were pretty much the same then with Kaminski on Violin and the other two celloists the same I think.

Their show, sound and orchestration were ahead of their day.