MLB Implementing 3 Changes To Speed Up Game

LOOGY

If you can now watch baseball because the game is 10-15 minutes shorter, you are an idiot. I don't care who you are, what you do and how much money you make. 10-15 minutes? Really?

Here's an idea, don't waste the other 2 1/2 hours and don't buy seats of real fans on opening day. Jackwagon.

If you can now watch baseball because the game is 10-15 minutes shorter, you are an idiot. I don't care who you are, what you do and how much money you make. 10-15 minutes? Really?

Here's an idea, don't waste the other 2 1/2 hours and don't buy seats of real fans on opening day. Jackwagon.

I agree. Those are the people that come to their seats about the 3rd inning or so, get up every 5-10 minutes to run to the concession stand or somewhere, and then leave in the top of the 8th. And are constantly trying to start the freaking wave.

I agree. Those are the people that come to their seats about the 3rd inning or so, get up every 5-10 minutes to run to the concession stand or somewhere, and then leave in the top of the 8th. And are constantly trying to start the freaking wave.

I know it's been talked about on here but I would love for GABP to adopt the rule where you can't get up during play.. Washington and other cities do it and it would make the game so much better for fans that are there to watch.

When I'm at a ballgame I really don't pay attention to the game time, but when I'm at home watching on TV, it can drag on a bit. These rules really will help the game to not feel like it's taking forever. No more human rain delays like Sean Casey. It may be marginal, but it could feel faster because there will be less lulls.

15 minutes over 162 games comes to about 40 hours over the season. That's like an extra work week off.

The game needs to speed up, and cutting off wasted time is the best place to start.

I know it's been talked about on here but I would love for GABP to adopt the rule where you can't get up during play.. Washington and other cities do it and it would make the game so much better for fans that are there to watch.

Absolutely agree Capernicus41. Also, If all you're going to do is talk to your girlfriends/boyfriends during the game and not watch it, stay home. I don't want to hear about your problems, cosmetic tips, who you're "doin'", why you hate your boss, place 50+ cell phone calls, etc., etc. If you are not there to watch the ballgame, why the hell did you get a ticket? STAY HOME.

I'll admit though, getting guys in the batter's box quicker and limiting the step out time is OK with me. The constant glove adjustments and calisthenics guys go through after each pitch is monotonous. I'd fine Jay Bruce every time he backs out more than half-way to the dugout after every pitch.

I think it is more about pace than total time saved. If you have the same amount of action in a game that is 15 minutes shorter, it will feel more like a game that is "in rhythm." Just remember how fun it was to go to a game when you knew Tom Browning was pitching? Get the ball, get a sign go at a guy. None of this Tyler Clippard, Matt Garza, CC Sabathia 26 seconds between pitches nonsense!!!

I like those three, just to keep the game moving and would add these three if I was the ruling Czar of Baseball!!!

Start each batter with a 1-1 count and just get on with it. Batter and Pitcher would both be a little more aggressive, pitch counts would be lower so starters would go longer saving "Call to the bullpen" time.

Any pitcher that enters the game barring injury must pitch to at least two batters. Make manager think a little harder on those substitutions.

I'd cut one minute of commercials from between half innings and add 2 minutes of on screen advertising during play at the beginning of each half inning. I'd give the advertisers some freedom to be innovative with what they did to draw attention of the viewers within some parameters.

I like those three, just to keep the game moving and would add these three if I was the ruling Czar of Baseball!!!

Start each batter with a 1-1 count and just get on with it. Batter and Pitcher would both be a little more aggressive, pitch counts would be lower so starters would go longer saving "Call to the bullpen" time.

Any pitcher that enters the game barring injury must pitch to at least two batters. Make manager think a little harder on those substitutions.

I'd cut one minute of commercials from between half innings and add 2 minutes of on screen advertising during play at the beginning of each half inning. I'd give the advertisers some freedom to be innovative with what they did to draw attention of the viewers within some parameters.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! There's already enough graphics and scrollers on screen to peep around now!!

I think it is more about pace than total time saved. If you have the same amount of action in a game that is 15 minutes shorter, it will feel more like a game that is "in rhythm." Just remember how fun it was to go to a game when you knew Tom Browning was pitching? Get the ball, get a sign go at a guy. None of this Tyler Clippard, Matt Garza, CC Sabathia 26 seconds between pitches nonsense!!!

I remember a game with him pitching that I swear we got out of there by 9:15 one night (with a 7:05 start time). I don't remember who it was that was pitching against the Reds, but he was the same way...get it and go. We felt like we still had the entire night left, even after the game was over!