High School game final: 2-0

Only way to save the sport of basketball is get coaches out of the game altogether. That is ridiculous. Let the players play! Coaches have inflated egos even in high schools. Too much of the AAU generation is now infesting the coaching ranks. Sad.

Good argument for a shot clock in HS basketball. Even if it's a 45 sec clock like college started with. Gives plenty of time to run the offense without rushing a shot.

Good argument for a shot clock in HS basketball. Even if it's a 45 sec clock like college started with. Gives plenty of time to run the offense without rushing a shot.

You footing this bill for every H.S. in KY? Obviously some schools would have no problem scratching that off, but some others would find it daunting.

A set of shot clocks would cost anywhere from $2,000 for a basic model mounted on the backboards to $5,000 for one attached to the scoreboards. Each clock must include a red light and a distinct horn. Installation, wiring and an extra worker at the scorer’s table to operate the clock for varsity, junior varsity and freshman games would further compound costs.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2013/08/09/high-schools-debate-on-basketball-shot-clock-keeps-ticking.html

HS basketball doesn't need a shot clock.

Agreed! You have a few games out of the hundreds of thousands of games each year where some use it as argument for a shot clock.

People complain when the score is 160-2, now they complain when it is a competitive 2-0, I don't care what happened, it was a lot closer than 158 points.

You footing this bill for every H.S. in KY? Obviously some schools would have no problem scratching that off, but some others would find it daunting.

A set of shot clocks would cost anywhere from $2,000 for a basic model mounted on the backboards to $5,000 for one attached to the scoreboards. Each clock must include a red light and a distinct horn. Installation, wiring and an extra worker at the scorer’s table to operate the clock for varsity, junior varsity and freshman games would further compound costs.

High school basketball: Debate on basketball shot clock keeps ticking | The Columbus Dispatch

Many schools don't seems to find it difficult to fund the installation of synthetic turf football fields and jumbo-trons. But an excellent point. I never considered the cost to EVERY school - somewhat daunting. It sounded good when my brain thought it!!!

HS basketball doesn't need a shot clock.

I don't think it needs one - I just love a faster paced game.

Agreed! You have a few games out of the hundreds of thousands of games each year where some use it as argument for a shot clock.

People complain when the score is 160-2, now they complain when it is a competitive 2-0, I don't care what happened, it was a lot closer than 158 points.

There are more than a few games out of the hundreds of thousands that are painfully slow!!!! There are more than a few in the dozens of games I see a year. As stated above - I don't think High School basketball needs a shot clock - its a great game the way it is (love it more than anything) - but nothing wrong with making a great thing better!!

Its a coaches job to help his team win. So I have issue with a shot clock in high school.

If I coached a team that didnt have the talent to beat a very skilled team then I would think about holding the ball to shorten the game. It is not different from teams that press and want to force the tempo. I too would want to force the tempo but as a much slower rate.

I would be ashamed as a coach to have my team play like this. And it took both coaches, not just one, to pull it off. Stupid crazy.

True 2-0 is way too low. I think more coaches should slow it down, if they are way over matched. A win is a win , weather it 90 -88 or 2-0. You play to win.