How many Highlands players reside within school district boundaries?

Gee, I asked a similar question last year about Highlands softball team and received numerous personal messages complaining about my question. I'm glad to see that we are more politically correct and accepting in 2015 on the football page..... And, oh btw, no one ever answered my question....

Why would they complain about the question in personal messages (curious as to how many pm's you received and from how many different posters?) Seems to me if nothing to be hidden, it can be discussed in these forums.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spit my drink out seeing this. You have to admit it's funny, but this subject gets beat to death over and over........let it go. :ohbrother:

Apparently this thread is "self-beating". I had my answer to my original question in post #10, and acknowledged such in post #22. Anything after that has not been on my watch.

Gee, I asked a similar question last year about Highlands softball team and received numerous personal messages complaining about my question. I'm glad to see that we are more politically correct and accepting in 2015 on the football page..... And, oh btw, no one ever answered my question....

People are PMing me about this thread also, and I don't know why.

People are PMing me about this thread also, and I don't know why.

This topic has been beaten to death on here. You explained above why you asked the question but this topic is such sore spot that people are jumping all over it being brought up again. You stuck your hand in the proverbial hornet's nest.

Apparently this thread is "self-beating". I had my answer to my original question in post #10, and acknowledged such in post #22. Anything after that has not been on my watch.

Have you actually read the entire thread? Out of the 99 post on here, There may be 2 or 3 that actually ask why you want to know. And by non HHS people. The other post are full of sarcasm and if you can't see that, then I'm not sure what to tell you. You are fairly new to BGP, but for future reference, use the search engine and ask the question first before you start a thread.

When this was first asked, yeah HHS people went crazy on it. Now, we just go with the flow and poke fun and play along. Comes with the territory.

BTW, my two boys were out of district dating back to 2005. That's $24k+ that the FTIS were more than happy to accept. The main reason they take out of district students. Helps fill the coffers. Out of District tuition helps with their bottom line.

• 1 year later...
I heard Highlands is actually closing their school district, meaning only students from Ft. Thomas will be able to attend. I believe it has something to do with lack of space. As far as having players from out of their district I'm pretty sure that CCH, BW, and NCC have had a lot more out of district kids in their starting lineups than Highlands, at least for the past 5 years or so.

Is there a lack of out of district students now or not?

It parents decision where their child goes to school. If they want to pay the tuition for them to go to Highlands. Great for them! I glad I had opportunity to pay tuition to send my son to Beechwood. It great school and for him to have more opportunity at beechwood on the field and in the classroom. Then he would get at a Lloyd . He scored higher ACT score then his siblings at Lloyd .

It parents decision where their child goes to school. If they want to pay the tuition for them to go to Highlands. Great for them! I glad I had opportunity to pay tuition to send my son to Beechwood. It great school and for him to have more opportunity at beechwood on the field and in the classroom. Then he would get at a Lloyd . He scored higher ACT score then his siblings at Lloyd .

Well said.

This thread is old.

And there are plenty of games left for everyone to beat up on the Birds.