How many Highlands players reside within school district boundaries?

Anybody have a picture from the FTJFL 8th grade "Showcase" game from when these current crop of seniors played? Quite a few starters this year came from that group. Would be cool if someone could post.

What is a "showcase" game? Is that where they host kids from other areas of Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana to "show" them how it is done in the fort?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool.

As the others have said it's a small number. HHS got this reputation earlier in the 2000s with 2004 being the year that cemented the reputation in people's minds.

Thanks. Any other taboo posts I can bring up? Catholic grade school recruiting? Kids claiming "hostile environment" and transferring? Referees officiating games that relatives are coaching in?

Cool.

As the others have said it's a small number. HHS got this reputation earlier in the 2000s with 2004 being the year that cemented the reputation in people's minds.

My Dear Sir,

Athletes coming to Highlands, Beechwood, Cov Cath, Dixie, Simon Kenton, Scott, Pendleton County, Mason County, Bellevue, Ludlow, etc....... Has been going on well before 2004. Not sure how old you are, but ask some of the "old timers" how many players on their team were from outside the district? Nothing wrong, just wanted to play for a WINNER. A great example was from Tommy B a few years back stating that Highlands Basketball in the late 80's only had a handful of kids with a 41075 zip code. If I recall, they won a couple of back-to-back regional championships under "Coach Ken"!

Thanks. Any other taboo posts I can bring up? Catholic grade school recruiting? Kids claiming "hostile environment" and transferring? Referees officiating games that relatives are coaching in?

Some of those sound interesting.

Cool.

I'd say Highlands has had that reputation for a while.

Scott Draud didn't grow up in Fort Thomas, did he? Derek Smith from Silver Grove, Jared Lorenzen from Edgewood, Justin Frisk (don't believe he was from Fort Thomas), Jordan Nevels from Independence, Mike Mitchell from Florence / Cov Cath. Just to name a few.

I've been on BGP long enough to know how this thread ends, and as CWB said, it isn't pretty. Kids want to play for a winning program, and I have no problem with that. But Highlands earned that reputation because they win a lot, and because they've had some high profile players from out of district.

I must say, it's an entertaining thread every offseason. :lol:

My Dear Sir' date=' Athletes coming to Highlands, Beechwood, Cov Cath, Dixie, Simon Kenton, Scott, Pendleton County, Mason County, Bellevue, Ludlow, etc....... Has been going on well before 2004. Not sure how old you are, but ask some of the "old timers" how many players on their team were from outside the district? Nothing wrong, just wanted to play for a WINNER. A great example was from Tommy B a few years back stating that Highlands Basketball in the late 80's only had a handful of kids with a 41075 zip code. If I recall, they won a couple of back-to-back regional championships under "Coach Ken"![/quote'] This topic took off online in 2004.

I am well aware of the history. I was referring to the BGP history.

I think this is a secret attempt to take the limelight off CCH. Or dark shadow. Whatever it is. I mean, they have had a heck of a week on BGP. Coaches being fired, Crazies breaking benches, new investors into an outside athletic training facility. I mean wow! Only one school out there can relieve them of King of BGP for the week. Put something out there about Highlands and there you have it.

It really is enjoyable reading these. Always a new angle. But same result usually. It's great for ratings.

J/K of course.

Oh,

just sayin!

My Dear Sir,

Athletes coming to Highlands, Beechwood, Cov Cath, Dixie, Simon Kenton, Scott, Pendleton County, Mason County, Bellevue, Ludlow, etc....... Has been going on well before 2004. Not sure how old you are, but ask some of the "old timers"

This is so funny I don't even know where to start.