How many Highlands players reside within school district boundaries?

Can anyone compile the number of posts in the public versus private threads over the years?

Lol!

Did a quick search and found it was in the neighborhood of 13,478. Now that pales in comparison to the posts about BGP vs Highlands at 27,983 but who's counting. Lol!

The old adage of "if they aren't talking about you, then you aint doing it right" comes into play for both these. You gotta love it.

Do I need to insert a sarcasm smiley for those that need it?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Highlands has had that reputation for a while.

Scott Draud didn't grow up in Fort Thomas, did he? Derek Smith from Silver Grove, Jared Lorenzen from Edgewood, Justin Frisk (don't believe he was from Fort Thomas), Jordan Nevels from Independence, Mike Mitchell from Florence / Cov Cath. Just to name a few.

I've been on BGP long enough to know how this thread ends, and as CWB said, it isn't pretty. Kids want to play for a winning program, and I have no problem with that. But Highlands earned that reputation because they win a lot, and because they've had some high profile players from out of district.

I must say, it's an entertaining thread every offseason. :lol:

I think Scott Draud played basketball at HHS. If he did play football, he was not a starter.

Derek Smith lived in Silver Grove, the Silver Grove Big Trains do not have a football program. :rolleyes:

I heard Highlands is actually closing their school district, meaning only students from Ft. Thomas will be able to attend. I believe it has something to do with lack of space. As far as having players from out of their district I'm pretty sure that CCH, BW, and NCC have had a lot more out of district kids in their starting lineups than Highlands, at least for the past 5 years or so.

There is non. It's an INDEPEDENT school and anyone can a attend as long as you pay the fee ( If there is one ). So this subject be closed. If your school district and/ or county school does not meet the score criteria, then I sure hope parents would bail out of those school system and go private or independent route.

There is non. It's an INDEPEDENT school and anyone can a attend as long as you pay the fee ( If there is one ). So this subject be closed. If your school district and/ or county school does not meet the score criteria, then I sure hope parents would bail out of those school system and go private or independent route.

Nothing wrong with the conversation continuing. OOD students are permitted. Was that the point of the thread in the first place? Did it specify starters only?

Same question could legitimately be asked of any school, I'm thinking.