Is this last time we see Peyton Manning in the NFL?

Will Payton Play in the NFL next season?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will Payton Play in the NFL next season?

• No: Retires
    • Yes: Plays next year with Broncons
    • No: Plays next year with a different team

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up until the St. Louis game Manning was playing at an incredibly high level. As in very little drop off from last year's MVP season. You could say he was the MVP of this year prior to STL. He got rocked that game and he never looked the same. He didn't look like this all season like everyone is portraying.

Spot on.

Up until the St. Louis game Manning was playing at an incredibly high level. As in very little drop off from last year's MVP season. You could say he was the MVP of this year prior to STL. He got rocked that game and he never looked the same. He didn't look like this all season like everyone is portraying.

I agree 100% :thumb:

Here is a thought. Sit Manning the first 6 weeks of the season and pray the Broncos go 3-3 in that span. Will never happen obviously but I can see where it would work.

Would be a miracle to get to 3-3 if they were to do that.

Next season they get the AFC & NFC North divisions I believe.

That makes their schedule:

Oakland 2x

Kansas City 2x

San Diego 2x

Cincinnati

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Green Bay

Minnesota

Detroit

Chicago

New England

Indianapolis

Are there really 3 teams on that schedule you think they can beat with Brock Osweiler under center?

Oakland 2x

Kansas City 2x

San Diego 2x

Cincinnati

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Green Bay

Minnesota

Detroit

Chicago

New England

Indianapolis

Are there really 3 teams on that schedule you think they can beat with Brock Osweiler under center?

Sure, they have talent outside of Manning. Houston won 9 games with an array of marginal QBs. Same with Buffalo. Just trying to think outside the box and preserve him for the stretch run. Again, it will not happen, but it makes sense on some level.

Sure, they have talent outside of Manning. Houston won 9 games with an array of marginal QBs. Same with Buffalo. Just trying to think outside the box and preserve him for the stretch run. Again, it will not happen, but it makes sense on some level.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Houston and Buffalo have outstanding defenses. Denver does not IMO.

Julius Thomas and Sanders were both average WRs before Manning. CJ Anderson is an average back who benefits from teams selling out against the pass to stop Manning. You take him away and Anderson isn't effective at all. Demaryius Thomas is the one guy on that offense that is a weapon regardless of who's under center.

Oakland 2x

Kansas City 2x

San Diego 2x

Cincinnati

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Green Bay

Minnesota

Detroit

Chicago

New England

Indianapolis

I believe they COULD beat any of the bolded with a back-up QB...

I believe they COULD beat any of the bolded with a back-up QB...

You see weird stuff in the NFL and it is tough for teams to win on the road. Fox is not a great coach, but he is solid enough to find ways to win some games. I don't know much about Osweiler other than he was a second round pick and thought highly of in the NFL circles coming out last year. I can't say for certain he is a scrub incapable of managing a game.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Houston and Buffalo have outstanding defenses. Denver does not IMO.

Julius Thomas and Sanders were both average WRs before Manning. CJ Anderson is an average back who benefits from teams selling out against the pass to stop Manning. You take him away and Anderson isn't effective at all. Demaryius Thomas is the one guy on that offense that is a weapon regardless of who's under center.

Didn't they say yesterday that Denver had the third rated defense? I wasn't paying attention so I may have misunderstood.

They could play Manning, just restrict the throwing as much as possible. The threat of him throwing along with his football IQ is going to beat a few teams. A 21 to 10 win is just as good as 35 to 10.