How Many Home Games Won't be on TV Next Year or Sold Out

Which BTW is a huge possibility, with it's away SCH. very tough. This team is going to be figthing, not only it's opponents next season, but the playoff hex as well. I'll telling you, not ALL the home games are going to be on TV next year, mark it down, fans are sick of it! :puke:

Im telling you last years loss was more devastating than this years. There was every reason in the world for this year to have many games not on tv. After that disappointment last year at home in the playoffs, and not a great home schedule. This was the year where it would have not been on tv. So you could end up being right, however if you are right it will be because of what I said. Which is if they are not on tv, it will come later in the year if and only if they are doing horrible. Early in the year they will be on tv, and if they are doing well then they will be on tv all year because they will at least get the 85% mark to be on tv.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody sounds a little bit worried he might not get to watch his Bengals every week next season, uh oh! :eek:

Not really worried at all. I have heard this same old song and dance after 2010. Everyone saying they are completely done with this team, and no one would ever come to a game again or watch them again until Mike Brown is gone. People said all fans were done with them blah, blah, blah. I said then if they start winning then the fans will start to come to the games again even though Mike Brown is still the owner and that is exactly what happened. The games will be on tv start next year, now if they are on tv at the end of the year will depend on how the season is going. So nothing for me to worry about at all. I just love when people talk about how they have there sources haha.

Not really worried at all. I have heard this same old song and dance after 2010. Everyone saying they are completely done with this team, and no one would ever come to a game again or watch them again until Mike Brown is gone. People said all fans were done with them blah, blah, blah. I said then if they start winning then the fans will start to come to the games again even though Mike Brown is still the owner and that is exactly what happened. The games will be on tv start next year, now if they are on tv at the end of the year will depend on how the season is going. So nothing for me to worry about at all. I just love when people talk about how they have there sources haha.

In 2011 I believe they averaged 75% capacity for their home games though. I don't remember how many games were not on TV that year.

In 2011 I believe they averaged 75% capacity for their home games though. I don't remember how many games were not on TV that year.

Yes and going into that year many people were thinking they would be lucky to win a game, and at most would win two. So yeah to start the year it was very pathetic the home crowds, however as the year went on and the team showed that they were in contention for the playoffs the crowds started getting bigger. As much as people hate Mike Brown, if the team is winning or people believe they will win then people will come. To start next year the games will be on tv, and they will be at the end of next year too unless the season goes down the drain and they are sucking.

Im telling you last years loss was more devastating than this years. There was every reason in the world for this year to have many games not on tv. After that disappointment last year at home in the playoffs, and not a great home schedule. This was the year where it would have not been on tv. So you could end up being right, however if you are right it will be because of what I said. Which is if they are not on tv, it will come later in the year if and only if they are doing horrible. Early in the year they will be on tv, and if they are doing well then they will be on tv all year because they will at least get the 85% mark to be on tv.

There were several games this year that the only reason that the blackout was lifted was because one of the sponsors like 5/3 Bank or Kroger purchases thousands of tickets.

There were several games this year that the only reason that the blackout was lifted was because one of the sponsors like 5/3 Bank or Kroger purchases thousands of tickets.

I am not saying you are wrong, however usually I hear about that but I don't remember hearing that this year. Usually Kroger, or other local businesses do that once it gets down to the very end and the Bengals need an extension. The Bengals never even once had to ask for an extension this year like in previous years. You may be thinking of two years ago, this year with the 85% rule they adopted, they were pretty much where they needed to be for every game and was never really in danger of being blacked out.

Looking at next year's schedule they have another realistic shot at 10 wins and should win the majority of their home games so I don't expect the 85% threshold to be a problem.

Next years schedule is going to be very difficult, and will be one of the toughest schedules in the NFL. The Bengals play 9 games against teams who made the playoffs this year. Then they also have the Chargers, Chiefs, San Fran, Buffalo all who barely missed the playoffs. Then two games against the Browns which if they find a QB will be a good team. The same with the Rams who have a very good defense but seem to be a QB away too. The only game that looking at now should be a game that without a doubt they should win is Oakland.

The Bengals can do very well with the schedule, but it is going to be a very difficult schedule.

I was hoping Bengals would be blocked out in Lexington at least some of the time to get some variety.

No kidding. I wouldn't mind it happening up here. I'd much rather get to watch the Pats from the comforts of my couch than have to go to a bar and spend all kinds of money. :lol2:

I am not saying you are wrong, however usually I hear about that but I don't remember hearing that this year. Usually Kroger, or other local businesses do that once it gets down to the very end and the Bengals need an extension. The Bengals never even once had to ask for an extension this year like in previous years. You may be thinking of two years ago, this year with the 85% rule they adopted, they were pretty much where they needed to be for every game and was never really in danger of being blacked out.

You may be right about the extnesion but I dont know if I would say that they were never in any danger...

Falcons

Bengals official optimistic blackout will be lifted

Titan's Game

Bengals avoid local television blackout | ProFootballTalk

Panthers

Bengals avoid local television blackout for game against Panthers - Story

Jags

Bengals optimistic that television blackout will be lifted against Jaguars - Cincy Jungle

Edited by Cfuddy