How Many Home Games Won't be on TV Next Year or Sold Out

In the past what has usually had to happen? The Bengals usually have to ask for an extension and barely make it. This year never once did they have to make it by getting an extension. Those three were not sold out going into the week, and as you seen in those articles you posted. Each time they talked about how they were optimistic they would get what was needed. Meaning the sells were going well enough to where they knew they probably would meet the 85%. If this team was losing, then yeah they probably wouldn't have met it. None of those three games were teams that people would be like wow we need to see, and they still made it on tv even after the horrible playoff loss to the Chargers last year. Next years home schedule will have much more games that will be much more interesting to see. So once again they will be on tv to start next year for sure, the only way we probably see games blacked out is if they start to suck and they are out of contention by the end of the year.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that the games weren’t blacked out (or extended) and hopefully they shouldn’t need one with the new 85% of capacity rule. I would really hope that they could hit that - I was pointing out that the Bengals did struggle a bit to sell tickets this past season and they did need bailed out.

I can't imagine that they like to advertise the fact that the sponsors do buy up tickets to ensure that they get the TV advertising that they expected. I know Fifth Third (The Bengals “official” Bank) bought thousands of tickets to the Jags and Titans games and gave them to employees. I know that several other local companies purchased tickets and offered them to employee for free or steeply discounted.

The Kroger purchase (and give-away to Military families) was for last season's playoff game. I am certain that PR was driven by Kroger (not necessarily the Bengals).