South Warren next year

Ed

How good will they be next year? Will they be the 4A favorite?

Today I say yes, they will be the favorites. They return their entire defense which were absolutely a stud unit this year. 4A has some strong programs moving in like John Hardin, but the Spartans gained valuable playoff experience that should serve them well.

How good will they be next year? Will they be the 4A favorite?

They should be pretty good for sure. Not sure I would peg them as the favorites though. North Oldham and Johnson Central should both be relly tough.

Next year will not be the most talented team ever at John. The talent at JH is in the sophomore and junior classes. The senior class to be is not talented. JH might still be a year away from being really good. Was North Oldham young this year?

John Hardin, going away. Probably their most talented team ever, within the next 2 years, now that's saying something. Speed everywhere and plethora of running backs.

No way this will be JH's most talented team ever. 2011 JH looked like a Junior College team and had a REALLY bad off night. That team had multiple college level players on it. I'm not sure this coming JH team has either the size or the talent level that team did.

I do think it will be JH and SW and whoever wins that will kill Johnson Central or whatever other cupcake eater comes out of the East.

...BUT let us not forget that this JH team that is returning gained a lot of praise for making a playoff run against possibly the worst first three round opponents anybody faced in any of the classes. They have a lot to prove before I start anointing them even one of the best JH teams there have been.

Edited by East Raider

No way this will be JH's most talented team ever. 2011 JH looked like a Junior College team and had a REALLY bad off night. That team had multiple college level players on it. I'm not sure this coming JH team has either the size of the talent level that team did.

I do think it will be JH and SW and whoever wins that will kill Johnson Central or whatever other cupcake eater comes out of the East.

...BUT let us not forget that this JH team that is returning gained a lot of praise for making a playoff run against possibly the worst first three round opponents anybody faced in any of the classes. They have a lot to prove before I start anointing them even one of the best JH teams there have been.

Next year is not JH's best team. They are loaded in 2016-17. The only class even close to the 2011 team is the 2017 team, unless some key players end up moving out of the area.

Saying the East is full of cupcakes because they have been jammed behind cov cath and highlands is like saying the 5a west is weak because they have been behind bg. You will see some capable teams come out of the East. Today I would say Johnson is perennially the strongest but there will be others rise up.

Saying the East is full of cupcakes because they have been jammed behind cov cath and highlands is like saying the 5a west is weak because they have been behind bg. You will see some capable teams come out of the East. Today I would say Johnson is perennially the strongest but there will be others rise up.

I call Johnson Central Cupcake eaters because of who they play. They finally played a decent Cov. Cath. team at home and got handled. Who else is over there? Ashland, Knox Central, Holmes? I just don't see any names that I'd put within 21 points of SW or JH...or Franklin Simpson, or Warren Central, or several others from the West. It just looks totally one sided to me. JMO

Johnson central beat belfry by plus 20 the past 2 seasons. SW isn't close to belfry. Cov cath and highlands are more than decent teams . Separate them and they each win a state title.

Teams you listed plus

Rockcastle, bourbon, Wayne, and Mason will be compete.

I think SW will be really good next year but Im not expecting another semi-final game. Other teams will come closer to matching their speed and depth in 4A. Their stellar defense will face much more talent than it did this year and I'm not convinced they'll get good enough on offense to make the run they did this year...