Mayfield 28 Williamsburg 27 OT (Class 1A State Championship)

Ram

:ohbrother: and..... no one from Raceland made any excuses. So, what's your point ?

Real nice there FoM. :rolleyes:

did you read Sideline doc and little ram comments in this thread? Sounds like they were blowing off the cheap shot on the Williamsburg kicker.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayfield fans I am not taking a shot at your team. The better team won and well deserved. My comments was just simple I thought for 3 1/2 quarters your team was out played and out coached. A lot can be said about your team playing what I felt was not there best performance and still able to win. Congrats. It wasn't a knock. Your right it is a 4 quarter game. My point was simply I feel for the Williamsburg team because the played they way they needed to win the game.

Mayfield fans I am not taking a shot at your team. The better team won and well deserved. My comments was just simple I thought for 3 1/2 quarters your team was out played and out coached. A lot can be said about your team playing what I felt was not there best performance and still able to win. Congrats. It wasn't a knock. Your right it is a 4 quarter game. My point was simply I feel for the Williamsburg team because the played they way they needed to win the game.

Agreed. Well said.

Great game - the best of the tourney - IMVHO.

Well fought and played. Outstanding teams - loved the kids and all of their effort. Was not hard to "get behind and root for " W'burg.

Saw something at the end that was disturbing and sad.

A W'burg fan - tall, grey-haired, brown jacket (I believe) w/ orange ball cap - went running down thru the stands after the Officials as they were exiting the field. He openly and loudly cursed them - utilizing one word which ended in "- - - - sucker". He blamed them for the loss of his beloved team.

I realize this individual does not represent all of the outstanding W'Burg fans and followers - but what game did he watch? See all the posts here which very clearly set out the reasons for the loss.

The Officials had nothing to do with it. How sad a "supposed" adult would act in such a way. He should be ashamed.

Did we ever figure out after winning the overtime coin toss why Mayfield got to pick defense and which end of the field to play at? Not that it mattered as I think Williamsburg would have chosen wind to their back as well but I'm not sure if there were fans at one end or another.

Is there a ref here that could explain it to us?

Did we ever figure out after winning the overtime coin toss why Mayfield got to pick defense and which end of the field to play at? Not that it mattered as I think Williamsburg would have chosen wind to their back as well but I'm not sure if there were fans at one end or another.

I mentioned this done where else.. Really how did they get to pick offense or defense and the side to play on??

From watching online, I was under the impression that the ref actually asked the Williamsburg player and Mayfield just happened to say it at the same time as the Williamsburg player. I think they just kind of agreed to play on that side do to the wind.

From watching online, I was under the impression that the ref actually asked the Williamsburg player and Mayfield just happened to say it at the same time as the Williamsburg player. I think they just kind of agreed to play on that side do to the wind.

Ref was clearly looking at Mayfield when he asked and waited for a response. Coaches were there so I don't know why they would let it go wrong.

Agree. WBurg was clearly the superior team. The best team doesn't always win, however. If they played ten times, the Burg wins the majority of them.

Superior team? I guess getting inside the five, 3 times and coming away with 6 points and missing extra points and field goals and fumbling kickoffs and generally not executing when you need too makes for a superior team?

I don't think either team played especially good. Mayfield came up big when it had too, Williamsburg had their chances but faltered away several golden opportunity's. If Williamsburg had played a complete game then they might have won.

I will say I was one who thought Williamsburg had no chance but they were a quality team and have my respect.

While I do not for a minute see Williamsburg as the better team, I do clearly see Williamsburg in a different light. It was hard to take them serious despite knowing you have too but after last year's massacre and the massacre of Fairview the year before and the weak schedule Williamsburg played it was just hard for me to really believe they could mount any serious challenge. I was wrong and they are a heck of a team. They now fully have my respect. We were lucky to have won

Agree. WBurg was clearly the superior team. The best team doesn't always win, however. If they played ten times, the Burg wins the majority of them.

Williamsburg is 25-4 the last two years. Half their losses to Mayfield.

Mayfield is 28-2 the last two years. Neither loss to Williamsburg.

In eight quarters of State Championship football Mayfield has trailed Williamsburg for less than two quarters.

I'm beginning to see how Williamsburg is clearly superior. Going to need a little more evidence to be 100% convinced.