Everything posted by FanofMany
-
Beechwood/Holy Cross Predictions
Where is the game being played? I heard earlier it might be at Boone County PeeWee football field.
-
Beechwood/Covington Catholic Predictions
I predict Friday night dim lights and the smell of exhaust in the air!
-
Lexington Catholic/Covington Catholic Updates
Are the lights any better than the Beechwood game back in 2007? They really weren't very good that day.
-
Class 1A State Championship: Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28
Youngster? He was driving to middle school games!
-
Class 1A State Championship: Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28
They didn't tackle him. Wasn't that the problem! :isurrender:
-
The little blonde headed kid in the back of the church
Nothing against coach smith but I think I would rather be Dustin Grutza right now. Former UC quarterback wants to get you a job
-
Class 1A State Championship: Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28
I was going to make the same comment. In the toughest opponent of the year vs Cov Cath Stringer had 12 carriers for 43 yards. But in his defense they did not have another back with a different kind of style that would compliment his!
-
In Class A who will get to 12 state titles first?
I think your interpretation of this thread is wrong. I think it was actually questioning Beechwood and in particular coaching! There were many threads talking about the differences in coaching comparing current BW to previous (Yeagle). Que up quickslick!
-
In Class A who will get to 12 state titles first?
Obviously you didn't move on.
-
State finals stream
did you have to pay for the WV broadcast!
-
Class 1A State Championship: Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28
Do they really lose a lot? I would say they lost more talent (in quantity) from 2014 to 2015. Losing Brett Slusher will be a huge hit. I don't think he missed a game his entire career. Having to replace a 3.25 year starter at QB will also be an issue but several of the seniors on this 2015 team were backups in 2014 and they performed well in 2015. This 2015 team also has a good number of underclassman playing so its reloading more than rebuilding.
-
State finals stream
I have Cincinnati Bell Fioptics so bandwidth is not an issue for me. I had the freeze up problem like Watusi mentioned above. Did anyone watch on ipad? It wouldn't let me expand to full screen. ended up watching on laptop instead. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to multi task getting some work done at the same time! One other thing I question is: Why do I have to watch a 15 second commercial at the beginning when I'm paying for the feed? Personally I feel that games should be free, especially when the schedule changes like it did and many folks can't make it to a Thursday night game. I know many said the cost really isn't that much, but there a plenty of people in this state that $10 or $15 should not be spent on fee to watch games. I think it is safe to say that many families from the Pike County area have someone currently unemployed from the coal industry.
-
Beechwood/Pikeville Updates
Anyone having problems with the paid for video? getting errors
-
Beechwood gets a history lesson in preparation for the finals
Score was 14-0 Murray.
-
Lafayette/Simon Kenton Updates
Fieger so good he is playing in Independence as well?
-
Beechwood 48 Lloyd 22
Regarding the freshman starting. What years did Dustin Menetrey play? Didn't he start as freshman?
-
Lacrosse Playoffs?
Commonwealth Lacrosse League started Saturday with the play in game for each district. District Tournaments start Tuesday, District Championships Thursday. Regionals start next week.
-
(LAX) Current LAXPOWER raitings
Here are my thoughts: District 1 - North Region: Bryan Station is surprise to me. Coach Lauletta has been there several years and has a lot of juniors and seniors on his squad. Overtime wins vs traditional powers Tates Creek and Dunbar. Marletta and Swisher are scoring some goals. I think they are the favorite to win the district now. NKY is a bit of a surprise in some respects. They graduated a bunch, mostly in the midfield lines. They have several freshman playing well and contributing. Jeremy Burns is a Limestone commit so you know he can play. I thought Dixie was the favorite at the beginning of the year. Great face off guy in Kagen Butler, some serious speed and scoring in Alexander and Miller. Key players missed games with injuries. Cov Cath lost a great face off and scorer to graduation. Looks like they haven't been able to replace what they lost. Some good players in Beckes and Fields but might not be enough to carry the team. Scott County is playing tough but as a fairly new program they are still struggling to develop players without a youth feeder system. North Region District 2: Henry Clay is the favorite to win the KLA (now called CHSLL) this year. Although they are down a bit, it appears the rest of the CHSLL league is as well. Sayre looks pretty solid so far. I haven't figured Tates Creek out yet. They played a few tough games vs Indiana teams and a few lopsided loses to Lex Cath and Henry Clay tells me they are not the typical Tates Creek team. Losing Zak Blackwell to graduation appears to have hurt this team. Still have some great talent in seniors Wright, Schaeffer, Southall and Borkosky. Lafayette and Madison County round out this district and really don't have what it takes to compete with the others. South Region District 3: You could call this district the I-65 Corridor district (Central Hardin, North Hardin, Etown, Anderson County, Southern KY-BG area). I Don’t know much about this district since they are removed from the rest of the teams. Mostly new teams in this district. Their wins are against each other and other struggling teams. Although 2 teams will come out of the district tournament to play in the regional tournament I expect them to lose those games by very lopsided decision. South Region District 4: Dunbar looks to be down a bit from last year but they have solid scoring from multiple players in Ryan, Brown and Mulert. Some of their stat leaders are young so they can develop during the season and be contenders. Coach Hammons always does a great job. Lex Cath had a tough early schedule but are progressing nicely. Lex Cath lost a lot of guys to graduation after their 2014 KLA state title last year so there was likely a lot of work to be done. A win over Kentucky Country Day and lopsided wins over Tates Creek, North Oldham and Lafayette tell me the younger guys are starting to come around. Lex cath and Dunbar will get to walk into the regional playoffs as their district matches up with the much weaker South Region District 3.
-
Mayfield 28 Williamsburg 27 OT (Class 1A State Championship)
found it in the video. It is clear that the Mayfield coach is telling what direction. I think the ref was confused because Mayfield picked defense and then he tapped the WB kid on the shoulder and said offense and went back to Mayfield. Again, not that it matter because WB would likely chose the same direction but it does show human error. If it doesn't go right to the spot, move to the 2:52:15 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAhqTjGQK0A
-
Mayfield 28 Williamsburg 27 OT (Class 1A State Championship)
Ref was clearly looking at Mayfield when he asked and waited for a response. Coaches were there so I don't know why they would let it go wrong.
-
Mayfield 28 Williamsburg 27 OT (Class 1A State Championship)
Did we ever figure out after winning the overtime coin toss why Mayfield got to pick defense and which end of the field to play at? Not that it mattered as I think Williamsburg would have chosen wind to their back as well but I'm not sure if there were fans at one end or another. Is there a ref here that could explain it to us?
-
Mayfield 28 Williamsburg 27 OT (Class 1A State Championship)
did you read Sideline doc and little ram comments in this thread? Sounds like they were blowing off the cheap shot on the Williamsburg kicker.
-
2015-2018 Approved Football Realignment
Dixie to 5A
-
Mayfield 28 Williamsburg 27 OT (Class 1A State Championship)
They handled your sorry little butts!
-
Owensboro/Highlands (Class 4A Championship) Updates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKR6yjfalBA#t=1381