UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins and why?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins and why?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is the Omega Processing game of the week on nkysports.com.

Just wondering as I sometimes do but I just wonder how much NKysports.com pays Holy Cross or any HS team, to allow them to bring these games live via video. I mean, when you show a game via video, you are losing more than a few casual fans, who just might attend the game if there were no video and yes each and every dollar earned, means a lot to HS sport programs.

^^ I'll trade the positive exposure for a few lost fans. I view it more a public service to those who cannot make it to the game - grads, grandparents, casual fans, out-of-town relarives, military, etc - than a financial loser for the home team. The replays are also archived so the players themselves can go home and watch the game now, and in the future.

Yes.NoKySports is a for-profit business. Ben Blesser started this years ago as a pay-to-listen service, which didn't pan out, so he got sponsored up and has been doing the NoKySports audio/video broadcasts with a great deal of success.

There used to be two - NoKySports.com and TriStateInternetSports. Unfortunately, the latter has gone out of business, leaving NoKySports the only remaining outlet commercially broadcasting high school sports.

I simply think we should be thankful that they are there to promote our NoKy high school sports events.

Just wondering as I sometimes do but I just wonder how much NKysports.com pays Holy Cross or any HS team, to allow them to bring these games live via video. I mean, when you show a game via video, you are losing more than a few casual fans, who just might attend the game if there were no video and yes each and every dollar earned, means a lot to HS sport programs.

I believe Omega Processing pays for it they are the sponsor.

^^ I'll trade the positive exposure for a few lost fans. I view it more a public service to those who cannot make it to the game - grads, grandparents, casual fans, out-of-town relarives, military, etc - than a financial loser for the home team. The replays are also archived so the players themselves can go home and watch the game now, and in the future.

Yes.NoKySports is a for-profit business. Ben Blesser started this years ago as a pay-to-listen service, which didn't pan out, so he got sponsored up and has been doing the NoKySports audio/video broadcasts with a great deal of success.

There used to be two - NoKySports.com and TriStateInternetSports. Unfortunately, the latter has gone out of business, leaving NoKySports the only remaining outlet commercially broadcasting high school sports.

I simply think we should be thankful that they are there to promote our NoKy high school sports events.

To the bold, who doesn't have hudl now days for the players to review film?

If NKysports makes a profit, then the schools should share in that profit, as without a game, NKysports doesn't have a product to sell to earn that profit.