UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins and why?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins and why?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was posted by Oldercoach in the other thread. Some good comments here that I thought should be included in the game predictions thread.

"I have been very pleasantly surprised at how much BW has improved from Game 1 to Game 3. QB Burch is smart, athletic, and throws a very nice ball. BW has a nucleus of 7/8 small (emphasis on small) skill players that all get separation and have good hands. Offensive line is young and does an above average job on pass protection. The O-line is not strong enough to create push, leaving the running game totally dependent on deception. I see this their achilles heel against a bigger 5A school like CovCath.

Defensively, BW is quick, well coached and will not make many mistakes. Same offensive skill players are consistently able to prevent the big play. Solid linebacker play with undersized lineman quick enough to create problems for normal O-Lines. Afraid CovCath will be large and athletic enough to be able to smash mouth BW defense.

Special teams are pretty impressive for BW. Interesting to see 10 running backs/wide receivers (140-160 lbs) covering kickoffs.

All this being said, CovCath is too big for an historically small, but again exceptionally well-coached BW Tiger team, and should win by 10. Should BW win this game, they could be on their way to BG."

This could be a lot

closer than many CCH fans want to believe.

After seeing the BW Franklin score, this BW team may be better than people are willing to admit.

Franklin score doesn't much matter to me. What matters is this is Beechwood's Superbowl game. They will be jacked sky high. CovCath must match the intensity or they will lose.