Beechwood/Covington Catholic Predictions

UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins and why?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins and why?

I think both teams are better than people thought they'd be coming in to this season. I think this will be a hard fought game.

Beechwood is very well coached and very tough - they are a top-notch program. That said, CCH's size and depth should wear Beechwood down, and I look for CCH to strike for some big plays in the 2nd half to pull out the win.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think either team is very deep. The same kids play on both sides of the ball. This is a rivalry game and I expect for both teams to come out to play hard. Beechwood has not given up many points and CovCath has given up a ton. This has the makings of a great game. That being said, I expect CovCath to pull away in the second half as well. 35-21 Colonels

I

Regardless of what happens, Beechwood doesn't drop. If the score is CCH 45 Beechwood 7, Beechwood is still the #2 team in 1A. CCH would beat every team in 1A by at least 3 TD's.

Lol. Seems we've got a strong BW fan! If BW can't beat CCH then NO ONE in 1A could even come close! Lol. Over ranking BW a tad or under ranking a few other 1A schools?

It always is on the Beechwood game.

Yep.

Cov Cath Football Alumni

As always, it's Braveheart night for the Colonels as the football team takes on Beechwood tonight in Park Hills.

Colonel history lesson: The tradition of "Braveheart night" against Beechwood has its roots back in the 1997 football season, when then-teacher and assistant baseball coach, Bob Bieger, organized his first "Colonel Militia March". The Colonel Crazies, dressed in military militia-themed spirit wear and blue & white body paint, marched up Dixie Highway from Blessed Sacrament School to Beechwood for the game. The following year, the Coach Bieger helped kick things up a notch by arranging for a bagpiper to lead the Crazies in their march from the Notre Dame Academy parking lot, up over hill and down to Wooten Stadium - this time dressed like the Scottish rebels popularized in the recent movie Braveheart.

Cov Cath class of '66 will also be celebrating their 50 year reunion tonight at the football game. Welcome back to the Golden Colonels!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

I

Lol. Seems we've got a strong BW fan! If BW can't beat CCH then NO ONE in 1A could even come close! Lol. Over ranking BW a tad or under ranking a few other 1A schools?

Strong Beechwood fan, or a realist? How closely have you looked at all the teams in class 1A? Beechwood is ranked number 2 and I believe that's right where they deserve to be. If CCH is three TD's better than Beechwood, I think they're 3 TD's better than anyone else in 1A.