UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins and why?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins and why?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin score doesn't much matter to me. What matters is this is Beechwood's Superbowl game. They will be jacked sky high. CovCath must match the intensity or they will lose.

Mmmmm, I wouldn't think BW thinks of this game as their SuperBowl. I think they wait until the playoffs to think of a game as that important. This is nothing more than a rivalry game.

If beechwood loses do they drop? If they lose big do they drop more than 1 spot? If they win do we bump them to # 1?

I'd the games close and they lose do they drop?

The only way any of these teams goes to #1 would be if one of them was already #1 and neither are.

If beechwood loses do they drop? If they lose big do they drop more than 1 spot? If they win do we bump them to # 1?

I'd the games close and they lose do they drop?

Regardless of what happens, Beechwood doesn't drop. If the score is CCH 45 Beechwood 7, Beechwood is still the #2 team in 1A. CCH would beat every team in 1A by at least 3 TD's.

Regardless of what happens, Beechwood doesn't drop. If the score is CCH 45 Beechwood 7, Beechwood is still the #2 team in 1A. CCH would beat every team in 1A by at least 3 TD's.

If beechwood loses in a non competive game I think they should drop. If it's close or they win then they should stay or possibly go up.

Beechwood and Cov Cath have met on the football field 23 times over the last quarter-century. Covington Catholic leads the series 12-11 over that time period, and has won 8 games in the last decade.

1991 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 42-21

1992 - Cov Cath (Ray) beats Beechwood (Yeagle) 53-9

1993 - Cov Cath (Ray) beats Beechwood (Yeagle) 33-12

1994 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 19-10

1995 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 14-13

1996 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 22-13

1997 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 28-23

1998 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 24-21

1999 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 26-0

2000 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 14-0

2001 - Series Suspended

2002 - Series Suspended

2003 - Beechwood (Yeagle) beats Cov Cath (Ray) 24-7

2004 - Cov Cath (Ray) beats Beechwood (Yeagle) 26-25

2005 - Cov Cath (Rodenberg) beats Beechwood (Yeagle) 28-14

2006 - Cov Cath (Rodenberg) beats Beechwood (Rash) 34-0

2007 - Cov Cath (Brossart) beats Beechwood (Rash) 14-7

2008 - Beechwood (Rash) beats Cov Cath (Brossart) 35-21

2009 - Cov Cath (Wirth) beats Beechwood (Rash) 43-14

2010 - Cov Cath (Wirth) beats Beechwood (Rash) 24-21

2011 - Cov Cath (Wirth) beats Beechwood (Rash) 40-28

2012 - Cov Cath (Wirth) beats Beechwood (Rash) 41-6

2013 - Cov Cath (Wirth) beats Beechwood (Rash) 28-7

2014 - Beechwood (Rash) beats Cov Cath (Wirth) 28-13

2015 - Cov Cath (Eviston) beats Beechwood (Rash) 41-21

Latest Litkenhaus this morning has BW rated #13 in the state of all teams. OMG, has them a 14 point favorite over CovCath. Could this be? Or, are we looking at a Poll that doesn't know NKy football, or the intensity of this great neighborhood rivalry?

Here's hoping the BW munchkens come out healthy and victorious. My head picks CovCath, only my heart says BW.

Latest Litkenhaus this morning has BW rated #13 in the state of all teams. OMG, has them a 14 point favorite over CovCath. Could this be? Or, are we looking at a Poll that doesn't know NKy football, or the intensity of this great neighborhood rivalry?

Here's hoping the BW munchkens come out healthy and victorious. My head picks CovCath, only my heart says BW.

OC ... the fact is this Beechwood team has played a pretty tough schedule and has handled it with relative ease, except the Lloyd grinder. Look at it on paper, it looks a lot different than what we see with our eyes. LIT is only looking at numbers and paper. We know what CCH will look like and the size and depth difference will be significant. That makes it hard to see how the Tigers can win this one.

For those of us who want to hope for an upset and wonder how the Tigers can do it, I think about how Beechwood has faced teams much bigger than them at the line in Franklin County and (in scrimmages) Conner and Dixie. Beechwood has hung in there in all those games despite being outsized and had no problems with the much bigger Franklin County line. Surprise us again Tigers!!

Latest Litkenhaus this morning has BW rated #13 in the state of all teams. OMG, has them a 14 point favorite over CovCath.

This game worries me. Beechwood will be at an emotional high for this game while CovCath has played back to back games that came down to the last few plays. Can't see how a beat up group of Colonels will be able to match the emotion the Beechies will be surely playing with in their annual non-district Superbowl.