(LAX) Current LAXPOWER raitings

Computer Rating

As usual, St. X and Trinity are setting the standard and lead the KSLL.

Henry Clay is third in the ratings. They are getting on a roll the last few years and have to be the favorite to reach the finals in the KLA

Northern Kentucky is in 4th. That is good sign of improving skill base for the Northern Kentucky area.

There are a total of 32 boys teams now in Kentucky.

Here are my thoughts:

District 1 - North Region: Bryan Station is surprise to me. Coach Lauletta has been there several years and has a lot of juniors and seniors on his squad. Overtime wins vs traditional powers Tates Creek and Dunbar. Marletta and Swisher are scoring some goals. I think they are the favorite to win the district now. NKY is a bit of a surprise in some respects. They graduated a bunch, mostly in the midfield lines. They have several freshman playing well and contributing. Jeremy Burns is a Limestone commit so you know he can play. I thought Dixie was the favorite at the beginning of the year. Great face off guy in Kagen Butler, some serious speed and scoring in Alexander and Miller. Key players missed games with injuries. Cov Cath lost a great face off and scorer to graduation. Looks like they haven't been able to replace what they lost. Some good players in Beckes and Fields but might not be enough to carry the team. Scott County is playing tough but as a fairly new program they are still struggling to develop players without a youth feeder system.

North Region District 2: Henry Clay is the favorite to win the KLA (now called CHSLL) this year. Although they are down a bit, it appears the rest of the CHSLL league is as well. Sayre looks pretty solid so far. I haven't figured Tates Creek out yet. They played a few tough games vs Indiana teams and a few lopsided loses to Lex Cath and Henry Clay tells me they are not the typical Tates Creek team. Losing Zak Blackwell to graduation appears to have hurt this team. Still have some great talent in seniors Wright, Schaeffer, Southall and Borkosky. Lafayette and Madison County round out this district and really don't have what it takes to compete with the others.

South Region District 3: You could call this district the I-65 Corridor district (Central Hardin, North Hardin, Etown, Anderson County, Southern KY-BG area). I Don’t know much about this district since they are removed from the rest of the teams. Mostly new teams in this district. Their wins are against each other and other struggling teams. Although 2 teams will come out of the district tournament to play in the regional tournament I expect them to lose those games by very lopsided decision.

South Region District 4: Dunbar looks to be down a bit from last year but they have solid scoring from multiple players in Ryan, Brown and Mulert. Some of their stat leaders are young so they can develop during the season and be contenders. Coach Hammons always does a great job. Lex Cath had a tough early schedule but are progressing nicely. Lex Cath lost a lot of guys to graduation after their 2014 KLA state title last year so there was likely a lot of work to be done. A win over Kentucky Country Day and lopsided wins over Tates Creek, North Oldham and Lafayette tell me the younger guys are starting to come around. Lex cath and Dunbar will get to walk into the regional playoffs as their district matches up with the much weaker South Region District 3.