I met a KY Coaching Legend today.

Watusi

I met Owen Hauck today by happenstance. He was very cordial and engaging. We were standing in line prior to Belfry's game and he struck up a conversation with me. It wasn't until a few minutes in that I realized who I was talking to

I was a little giddy.

If if you ever have the chance to talk to Coach Hauck don't pass it up. He is an interesting man and I'm so glad I met him today.

Coach Hauck eats at a local deli everyday in Ft. Thomas that I frequent and it is always a privilege to talk to him. I love how he finds the positive in everything in life. If you ever visit Cobblestone Cafe and see him, take the opportunity to introduce yourself, he loves company and good conversation.

love Owen, Many years ago when i officiated I warned him 3 times to stay off the field. I finally threw a flag on him. After the game, he come up and put his arm around me and told me that was the only good call I made the whole game :clap::taz::dancingpa

Coach Hauck was one of my high school teachers at HHS. Later in life, I appreciated him much better. Very nice man.

When did you play?

I've always wanted to meet the man. Past shaking his hand in line at the end of the game I've never had the privilege. I would love to talk football with him.