Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals vs Titans (WILL Air Locally)

Featured Replies

On the other hand the radio broadcast is most entertaining. Dan Hoard basically tried to tell Lap to shut up by saying "Tackle by Devon Still and let's listen to the crowd reaction when they announce his name...." and Lap of course talked right through it.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll probably be pretty hungover Sunday, so the couch sounds like a much better option.

 

Sucks that even with them dropping to 85%, it might still be blacked out. I can't complain though if I'm not willing to fork up the dollars to be there.

Vehemently disagree with that last statement.
Because other than the action on the field, everything about the experience of being inside Paul Brown Stadium is just awful. I've been twice in recent years and it seemed like everything and everyone were conspiring to make me miserable.

Bingo!!

 

The experience at the games used to be something I always looked forward to.

 

Anymore it's just a hassle more than anything else.

 

The prices for food etc. are outrageous. Even when I had season tickets I would plan on taking $100 with us just so we could get something to eat and drink at the games, plus the parking is a joke. $30 parking is not uncommon.

 

On top of that, it got to the point where I couldn't even take the kids with us because of the language and drunks. It wouldn't be a normal Bengals game if there wasn't at least one fight in the stands near us every single week.

 

I have not for a second ever regretted giving up my tickets. I have enjoyed watching them at home 1000 times more than being at the game itself, especially when the weather would turn. No joy at all sitting at the stadium when it's 14 degrees outside and the Bengals are getting whooped up on by someone like the Bills or Browns. At home at least if the game is horrible you can always change the channel to another game that is on.

 

NFL needs to address the game experience because they have failed miserably over the last 2 decades.

Outside of a ticket in a luxury box with great food and great company I can't imagine I'll make a Bengals game. TV is too good. And if they're not on TV, as Sam Wyche said, there's "other things to be done besides worrying about football."

This makes me happy. Makes it more likely that I won't have to go to a bar to watch my Patriots steamroll the Raiders.

 

You and Spindoc are so enjoyable in baseball season and such putz's in football season. Patriots and Steelers. smh

I'm not going this weekend, becuase I have an early flight out on Monday to Green Bay. I enjoy the atmosphere at the stadium along with the people I sit beside, granted there all season ticket holders for years on end. We've seen very few fights and only a few overly drunk fans, but I assume that goes back to the people we bring with us and who sit beside us at the games.

 

I don't believe the drunken NFL fans are limited to Cincy though, as I've seen it at stadiums all around the league.

I thought the cut off for deciding when the game would be televised was later in the week. Can the Bengals still ask the NFL for an extension to that time frame since the 85% rule went into effect?

They used to be able to ask for extensions up until Thursday night or Friday I thought. This might have changed with 85% rule

They get until thursday to sell out that doesnt change with the 85% thing. So the thread titl is misleading at the moment but apparently it doesnt look good to sell out.

Well hopefully one of two things happen. Either the Bengals win a playoff game to get everyone completely bought in, which will help sell out games next season. Or LA finds another team to move there soon. Because wouldn't that be a shame, people always saying not to go to games because of Mike Brown and how he failed to putting a good product on the field. Then now we finally have a consistent good product on the field and then the Bengals try to leave because we can't get people at games even when we have a good team. I wouldn't put it past Mike Brown to look to moving if we this continues and we are winning but still not able to sell out. Because he is a business man, and I believe would move them if it came down to it because a winning team in LA would mean lots of money.

  • Author
I thought the cut off for deciding when the game would be televised was later in the week. Can the Bengals still ask the NFL for an extension to that time frame since the 85% rule went into effect?

 

Thursday is the cutoff, but if they are close to selling out (or in this case 85%), they can ask for an extention. The twitter quote in the first post is from the Bengals Ticket sales rep who says they aren't even close and expects a blackout.

  • Author
Bingo!!

 

The prices for food etc. are outrageous. Even when I had season tickets I would plan on taking $100 with us just so we could get something to eat and drink at the games, plus the parking is a joke. $30 parking is not uncommon.

 

I agree with the prices at the stadium and parking. That's way too expensive to expect people to spend that much money every week. That's why we eat before we go. Usually my wife and I will park at the Levee for $3, eat at the Hoffbrau Haus and have a beer there, then take the bus to the stadium for $1. I refuse to pay $8 for a beer and however much the food costs there. We'll take a couple bottled waters with us to drink at the stadium. No money spent at the stadium.

Thursday is the cutoff, but if they are close to selling out (or in this case 85%), they can ask for an extention. The twitter quote in the first post is from the Bengals Ticket sales rep who says they aren't even close and expects a blackout.

 

I will say this that I don't always believe the ticket reps if they say they aren't even close. If they tell us fans that they are close to a sellout early in the week, then chances are people will sit back and say good we don't have to worry about getting a ticket because it probably will sell out and be on tv. By saying they are not even close, it should help get a little push because some people will want to make sure they see it.

They get until thursday to sell out that doesnt change with the 85% thing. So the thread titl is misleading at the moment but apparently it doesnt look good to sell out.

 

I edited the thread title.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.