15th Region Semi-Final: Betsy Lane v/s Johnson Central (Predictions)

I'm gonna go with JC in this one. Not only will Coach Starns have a good game plan for BL but I believe the players now view the landscape in front of them and realize what an opportunity they have been given. That is not to take anything away from the Bobcats, Pirates or Wildcats. However, one has to believe that Johnson Central would rather be playing Betsy Layne than Pike Central and either Belfry or Shelby Valley than Paintsville...especially since the Tigers beat them twice at Johnson Central this season.

JC 71

BL 60

What makes one think that BL is the easier win than PCC??? Considering that BL beat PCC twice this year. They also handed Paintsville 1 of the only 2 loses at home this season, the other one by JC. So, before you assume that playing BL will be a cake walk, you better think again. I think they also see the same landscape in front of them and don't look ahead any farther than the next game on the list. I think this is what has become the down-fall to some of the teams thus far. BL is playing really good team ball right now and as long as this continues, they will WIN.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go with JC in this one. Not only will Coach Starns have a good game plan for BL but I believe the players now view the landscape in front of them and realize what an opportunity they have been given. That is not to take anything away from the Bobcats, Pirates or Wildcats. However, one has to believe that Johnson Central would rather be playing Betsy Layne than Pike Central and either Belfry or Shelby Valley than Paintsville...especially since the Tigers beat them twice at Johnson Central this season.

JC 71

BL 60

Well,ONE that would believe that should probably watch basketball rather that read about it. You can believe all the hype you read about both Pike County Central and Paintsville, but the fact remains that Betsy Layne has beaten both teams. I can't really believe that anyone wants to play Betsy Layne, they are probably the most dangerous team in the region. Do you think for one minute that David Rowe was glad to draw the Bobcats?? Thats' OK, BL thrives on this position right now.

Well,ONE that would believe that should probably watch basketball rather that read about it. You can believe all the hype you read about both Pike County Central and Paintsville, but the fact remains that Betsy Layne has beaten both teams. I can't really believe that anyone wants to play Betsy Layne, they are probably the most dangerous team in the region. Do you think for one minute that David Rowe was glad to draw the Bobcats?? Thats' OK, BL thrives on this position right now.

I think you took it the wrong way what InTheLoop was trying to say. He was in no way putting down Betsy Layne. He was just saying that basically there might be a mental block with the Paintsville team and that not having to face them makes JC not as stressed and can play a little more loose. Trust me, there is no one at JC overlooking the Bobcats, they know really well that it will be a war on Friday and that the Bobcats are just as capable of beating them as anyone else..

This has been a WILD tourney so far and anyone can beat anyone else.

With that said, IMO, Betsy Layne has played the best basketball in the first round games. >20 assists says a LOT.

:bunny:

I agree. I couldn't believe how good Betsy Layne moved the ball around...can they look that good again???

Man...people really get touchy on here. I never said BL would be an easy win. The way Johnson Central has been playing as of late, a lot of Middle School teams could probably give them a game. But if I had the choice between PCC and BL to play in the semi-finals I would definately pick Betsy Layne. I'll admit that BL is playing great right now. However, be that as it may, I am glad that Johnson Central does not have to face a healthy Brad Lowe.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Johnson Central has also beaten both PCC and Paintsville...oh yeah...and Betsy Layne too.

I never said that JC hadn't beat PCC, Paintsville or BL. I just stated that BL had beat PCC twice and Paintsville as well. JC's win over BL was early in December without a starter. But when tourney time comes, you can throw out records anyway. I think it will be a WIN for BL if they play like they did in the 1st round, but in the same token, JC will have to step it up a notch in the 2nd round to come out with a win, IMO.

I never said that JC hadn't beat PCC, Paintsville or BL. I just stated that BL had beat PCC twice and Paintsville as well. JC's win over BL was early in December without a starter. But when tourney time comes, you can throw out records anyway. I think it will be a WIN for BL if they play like they did in the 1st round, but in the same token, JC will have to step it up a notch in the 2nd round to come out with a win, IMO.

McCarty was also hurt in the first game and just played a couple of minutes.

Is this the first game??

yes it is the first game with Belfry and shelby valley to follow.

I like Betsy Lane to win this one. They are playing very well and have a good chance to win the intire tourny.

iItake Betsy Lane by 12 and go out on a limp and say they cut the nets down in the expo center on saterday night!