Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

15th Region Semi-Final: Betsy Lane v/s Johnson Central (Predictions)

Featured Replies

Betsy Lane looked good against PCC, but can they pull out another win? I think the Eagles will recover from a close game with Pikeville, and should play a good all around game.

 

That said, my pick:

 

Betsy Lane - 61

Johnson Central - 69

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two played earlier this season with Johnson Central winning 64-52.

 

This game will be different. Two different teams from earlier in the year. JC has Kyle Rice to help shut down Brandon Kidd of Betsy Layne inside, so if the Bobcat guards cannot hit their shots, then Johnson Central will take this game. Otherwise, I think the Bobcats are looking good for a finals appearance this year.

Depends on which JC team shows up. They better come with the shoes laced up or they will be in a war just like last night.

I say Central advances to the finals in a close one.

I think Central cruises to the championship game.

I could see this game being as much as a 15 point swing either way. JC is a very very unpredictable team that is somewhat frustrating to watch. If they come out ready to play the way that they are capable of doing then they could win by 15. If they come out and play like they did the first half of the sheldon clark game in districts and like they did last night, then a hot Betsy Lane team will breeze by them. I hope JC wins but just dont know.

Johnson Central will dominate Betsy Lane again in the Regionals just like they did earlier this season!!! They match up great against Betsy Lane. Player for player I will say that Johnson Central has a better bench and deeper one than just about everybody that is still playing in the tourney right now. The only way that the Eagles can loose is if they overlook the Bobcats, but I don't think this will happen. Coach Starns will have them focused on the task at hand and the Eagles will play alot better than they did against Pikeville.

 

JC-61 BL-50 :dancingpa

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. The Bobcats are not the same team they were 2 months ago, and the last time the Eagles saw the Bobcats they were minus a starter. Didn't see much offense by JC, they'll have to play better against Betsy Layne than they did against Pikeville to advance to the championship.

I'm gonna take BL by 8. They are no way the same team that JC beat in December. They were minus a starter and are playing really good TEAM ball right when it matters the most.

 

Go Bobcats!!!

I think JC is the better team, and if they play to their capablity then they will move on past BL. If Kidd is allowed to live on the offensive glass then BL will hang around and be in the game. In the end I think Rice will keep Kidd in check and JC will come out on top.

 

JC by 12

If Betsy Layne plays anything close to how they played against Pike Central they will beat JC by 10+.

I'm rooting for the Bobcats, but I think that JC matches up a lot better with BL than did Pike Central.

 

JC - 65

BL - 56

I'm gonna go with JC in this one. Not only will Coach Starns have a good game plan for BL but I believe the players now view the landscape in front of them and realize what an opportunity they have been given. That is not to take anything away from the Bobcats, Pirates or Wildcats. However, one has to believe that Johnson Central would rather be playing Betsy Layne than Pike Central and either Belfry or Shelby Valley than Paintsville...especially since the Tigers beat them twice at Johnson Central this season.

 

JC 71

BL 60

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.