Aaron Floyd's Waiver Denied

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reality should the KHSAA really have the power to stop a kid from playing. If parents decide to move their kids for whatever reason, why should the KHSAA have any say in the matter?

I've always hated the transfer rule for that reason. I'm guessing the courts see it the same way.

Agreed.

In reality should the KHSAA really have the power to stop a kid from playing. If parents decide to move their kids for whatever reason, why should the KHSAA have any say in the matter?

I've always hated the transfer rule for that reason. I'm guessing the courts see it the same way.

I think the parents should have to right to move their kids. My only problem with this mess that we call the Transfer Rule is it's existence and it's unpredictable execution. If they did away with the rule and players transferred, I wouldn't care, but currently you have some people trying to follow the letter of the rule and others trying to find ways around it. Either enforce it equally, or do away with it, I honestly don't care either way, but make it more evenly enforced.

I think the parents should have to right to move their kids. My only problem with this mess that we call the Transfer Rule is it's existence and it's unpredictable execution. If they did away with the rule and players transferred, I wouldn't care, but currently you have some people trying to follow the letter of the rule and others trying to find ways around it. Either enforce it equally, or do away with it, I honestly don't care either way, but make it more evenly enforced.

The problem with the rule is that it can negatively affect kids that transfer for legitimate reasons. And I get the fears about recruiting. But really, its just sports. And I while there may be an increase in transfers, I don't think it becomes open season. Most kids/parents don't have the means or ability to transfer.

The problem with the rule is that it can negatively affect kids that transfer for legitimate reasons. And I get the fears about recruiting. But really, its just sports. And I while there may be an increase in transfers, I don't think it becomes open season. Most kids/parents don't have the means or ability to transfer.

That's my point, I have seen legitimate transfers be ruled ineligible, and have seen many non-ligitimate transfers be ruled eligible. I would rather see the non-ligitimate transfers get to to play then to see one legitimate transferred not. It seems like the only players that are negatively impacted are the legitimate transfers because they tell the truth.

That's my point, I have seen legitimate transfers be ruled ineligible, and have seen many non-ligitimate transfers be ruled eligible. I would rather see the non-ligitimate transfers get to to play then to see one legitimate transferred not. It seems like the only players that are negatively impacted are the legitimate transfers because they tell the truth.

Yep. In the end, I just don't see who is hurt by these transfers, whether it's for sports reasons or not. Do I like it?? No. I think when you've made a commitment to a program, you should see it through. But who is the KHSAA (or anyone besides the family) to say what is a legitimate reason.

Yep. In the end, I just don't see who is hurt by these transfers, whether it's for sports reasons or not. Do I like it?? No. I think when you've made a commitment to a program, you should see it through. But who is the KHSAA (or anyone besides the family) to say what is a legitimate reason.

Here is the problem ... with no transfer rules, it is too easy for some coach or some school to make a mockery of high school athletics. If you doubt it would happen, look no further than Fairview High School. Even with the transfer rules as they currently stand, they did what they wanted and brought in athletes that took their program to a state title game. Yes, they got caught and paid a price. But consider that case if you doubt that free to transfer would turn high schools into recruiting shows and unbalanced competition. It is bad enough as it stands with the current rules.