Don't Speed on I-275

malachicrunch

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Louisville a couple of weeks ago and saw three of the Mustangs making traffic stops...I'll tell you now...I'd do that job for free!!!

Give me a Mustang GT, some Blue Visor LEDs and a Citation Book and I'd be a modern day Regulator...my roads would be safer than any around!

I've noticed them the last 2 weeks coming and going to T&C for soccer in the evening. They've been sitting right by the Licking River all the way up to Turkeyfoot (that's where I get on and off). Some nights, I've seen as many as 5 between that stretch. They've also been sitting heavy on Turkeyfoot between Caywood and the new apartments being built. I've seen up to 4 in that stretch (Edgewood, 2 Erlanger, and 1 Elsmere).

Anyone going to soccer should be arrested! :laugh:

The city gets about 30% of the ticket revenue. The other parts go toward state funding mostly.

Where did you get that information? Most of the money, based on what I've been told by some people who would know...goes to the county. It gets divided up between the Sheriff's department, court house, etc. It doesn't matter if the state, city police, or Sheriff writes the ticket, the county gets the money.

Most city police departments, from what I understand, get absolutely nothing when they write a citation. Same for the state...

Where did you get that information? Most of the money' date=' based on what I've been told by some people who would know...goes to the county. It gets divided up between the Sheriff's department, court house, etc. It doesn't matter if the state, city police, or Sheriff writes the ticket, the county gets the money. Most city police departments, from what I understand, get absolutely nothing when they write a citation. Same for the state...[/quote']

Maybe it's diff from state to state. I read an article a while back where the cities are limited because some small cities were using it to fund the city. I'm sure it is divided up, I thought the cities/department used it for EMS and police equip, then I thought state funding got a cut.

A couple weeks ago I was traveling southbound on I-75 at the Cut in the Hill (in between Covington & Ft. Wright). I saw probably 7 cops in that (roughly) 1 mile stretch & about 6 of them had semis pulled over.

Did anyone else see or hear about this? I can only assume that they were pulling semis over for traveling in the high speed lane and/or doing commercial vehicle inspections, but never heard anything about it.

I wish they would do that more often. Every time I drive up the cut I see trucks in the third lane, which they are not allowed to do. It is clearly posted that trucks are restricted to the two right lanes.

I know the one Taylor Mill cop very well. He grew up in Ft Thomas. I see him everyday with someone pulled over in the 275 & Taylor Mill stretch. He's not letting anybody off. Except for a White Ford King Ranch of course. Lol! They are running pretty hard rigot now.....