VA Hospital Delays

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, stories and threads like this are like the boy who cried wolf for me. I see them as another overhyped slanted pitch by the conservative media. I give them a passing glance and move on. Benghazi - 99% politics. Birthers - looney toons. TARP whiners - people who truly don't understand how necessary that was. I could go on of course, because there is another attack, story or twist on a daily basis.

However, I think this story, from what I have seen and read so far, is one that Obama and all Democrats should be worried about. You don't mess with veterans in this nation. They have earned nothing but the best from all of us. If we fail to deliver the best to them, it is a shameful mistake that will impact votes. This is a story I will be paying attention to.

Honestly, stories and threads like this are like the boy who cried wolf for me. I see them as another overhyped slanted pitch by the conservative media. I give them a passing glance and move on. Benghazi - 99% politics. Birthers - looney toons. TARP whiners - people who truly don't understand how necessary that was. I could go on of course, because there is another attack, story or twist on a daily basis.

However, I think this story, from what I have seen and read so far, is one that Obama and all Democrats should be worried about. You don't mess with veterans in this nation. They have earned nothing but the best from all of us. If we fail to deliver the best to them, it is a shameful mistake that will impact votes. This is a story I will be paying attention to.

Agree on all counts.

Benghazi 99% politics ?! Really ?! You do realize that we had Americans die in that situation and no one can explain why resources weren't provided when requested ?

I will give you some of the other issues and that they may be media hype, but when we have soldiers, marines, airmen involved and no one can explain why they weren't given appropriate resources to defend an embassy, it's a problem. Given this logic, could you say that the Marines in Lebanon were 99% political as well ?

Benghazi is a tragedy. If it takes politics to find out the truth then yes it's politics. Don't think the liberals wouldn't do the same, wait, they don't care about our people overseas.

Maybe I misread the original, I thought that it meant the Benghazi issue in the media was all about politics. I do believe it is political and that there are some politicians who don't want the truth out about what happened. I do not believe it is "black helicopter" mentality to question the Benghazi incident.

It's unfortunate that we have people in positions of power that treat our service members as expendables.

Benghazi 99% politics ?! Really ?! You do realize that we had Americans die in that situation and no one can explain why resources weren't provided when requested ?

I will give you some of the other issues and that they may be media hype, but when we have soldiers, marines, airmen involved and no one can explain why they weren't given appropriate resources to defend an embassy, it's a problem. Given this logic, could you say that the Marines in Lebanon were 99% political as well ?

There have been perhaps 20 embassy attacks in the last 15 years yet everyone acts like this has never happened before. If mistakes were made during the attack they are heat of the battle decisions that went wrong. Shaping the story and taking positions in the media happen every time there is a media worthy event. It has been investigated over and over. Take the findings of the numerous investigations, learn from them, implement recommended changes and move on. Anything else going on now is election year politics. Yes, at this point in time it is 99% politics.

There have been perhaps 20 embassy attacks in the last 15 years yet everyone acts like this has never happened before. If mistakes were made during the attack they are heat of the battle decisions that went wrong. Shaping the story and taking positions in the media happen every time there is a media worthy event. It has been investigated over and over. Take the findings of the numerous investigations, learn from them, implement recommended changes and move on. Anything else going on now is election year politics. Yes, at this point in time it is 99% politics.

Out of the 20 embassy attacks in the past 15 years, I challenge you to name 5 that have the results of Benghazi….because there aren't any. Period.

If you are naive enough to stick your head in the sand when our armed forces are speaking out against this event then that's a shame.

I'm not talking about the politicians talking about this situation, I'm talking about the people that are sworn to defend our freedom speaking out. If we don't listen to what these guys are saying then why should anyone care if we leave their rotting corpses on some foreign land for no reason ?

I personally don't jump into conspiracy theories, but I do pay attention when the information comes from those that are putting their lives on the line every day to protect our citizens abroad.

This was a terrorist attack that was not provided green lighting to engage because of lack of leadership at the very top level….and people were left to die over it. Someone needs to care, I guess it will be me this time...

I would say it was election year politics in 2012 when it happened and the Obama administration stonewalled any and all investigations into the attack.