Grilling and smoking thread

JDEaston

Grilled some flank steak marinated in teriyaki with grilled onions and grilled corn on the cob last night.

If anyone likes grilled onions , throw a few slices on the grill and top them with butter and beef bullion granules while they cook. You have to play around with the amount of beef bullion, not a little but not a lot either. They are amazing.

The brisket wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, maybe I got lucky.. we did beer injected whole chicken yesterday, it took a lot longer than I expected but turned out great.

Good to hear! Briskets are much easier than people expect them to be. I do hate how their price has skyrocketed over the years as people discovered how easy they are. Dang Texans on TV had to open their mouths.

Great idea for a grilled onion.

Get a large Vadalia onion. Cone out the top and a little on the bottom. Add butter and any combination of peppers, sausage, mushrooms, along with any spices you like and wrap in foil. It should look like an over sized Hersey's kiss when wrapped up. Put on the grill for 45min-1 hr. If done properly the onion will fall apart in a bowl.

Any advice or tips on grilling fish? Probablly something along the lines of salmon fillets. Any special prep work required for the grill?

Go to Kroger. They will put a filet in a cooking bag with seasoning. butter and lemon slices. Depending on the filet bake approximately 18 minutes. Comes out perfect. It is by far the easieast way to cook fish. BTW they do not charge any thing for bag or seasonings. You just pay for the filet.

Go to Kroger. They will put a filet in a cooking bag with seasoning. butter and lemon slices. Depending on the filet bake approximately 18 minutes. Comes out perfect. It is by far the easieast way to cook fish. BTW they do not charge any thing for bag or seasonings. You just pay for the filet.

This is a grilling thread! I was looking for a good reply as well.

This is a grilling thread! I was looking for a good reply as well.

Okay, put it on a cedar plank on the grill. Hope you have the temp just right. Real easy to over cook fish on a grill. Put right on the grill and it could either stick or fall apart.