Lee vs. Estill - 56th District Championship

Let's hear those predictions.

Should be a huge game - with a huge turnout. Estill played the best game that Ive seen them play all year tonight against Powell and the Estill crowd was absolutely insane.

These two teams are still my pick to make it to the region final - and If the same Estill team that ran Powell County back to Stanton plays against Lee - I have trouble seeing Lee pull off a 4th win.

My prediction.

Tonights Estill team wins by 8 to 10.

The Estill team that was beaten by Breathitt loses by 20 to 25.

I dont see Estill losing focus now - or Lee backing off. This should be a classic. :thumb:

Lee is tough. Especially at home, but I'll agree thefrontrowfan. It's really hard to beat a team 3 times in one season, and it is even harder to beat them 4 times. But if any team can do it, Lee can. Lee has a solid ball club and I'm not going to make a prediction but I'll agree that it will be a classic and a barn burner!

Lee 56

Estill 59

I believe Estill is hitting on all cylinders and I wasnt impressed by the shooting of Lee againest Owsley. I dont think that Lee can miss that many open shots and pull away a winner. Lee fed off Rich againest Owsley and Dixon and Co will slow him down enough to pull away. Rich will also have a problem being in foul trouble because of Dixon's speed and footwork. If Owsley could of matched Rich's size then Owsley would be a better team because Owsley had the guards to do it with just got pushed around down low. Estill cant come out nervous because Lee will jump on them quick.

Lee is tough. Especially at home, but I'll agree thefrontrowfan. It's really hard to beat a team 3 times in one season, and it is even harder to beat them 4 times. But if any team can do it, Lee can. Lee has a solid ball club and I'm not going to make a prediction but I'll agree that it will be a classic and a barn burner!

Coach Wright should have thrown one of those three games in the regular season so that Lee wouldn't be in this terrible position of needing to pick up that fourth win. Everyone knows it is easier to win later if you lose a couple earlier! Come on guys, being 3-0 against a team is an advantage, not a detriment, common sense tells you that. Lee may well lose to Estill because Estill certainly has the horses to pull it off, but it is NOT going to be easier for them because Lee has already beat them three times.

I'll take Lee, because they have proved that they can win.

If Lee jumps out to an early lead I think that Estill's convincing victory vs Powell will become a distant memory and they will basically concede to a Lee team who has beat them 3 times (including a tournament). If both teams play their 'average' games, then Lee wins by 8 or 10.

IMO Factors :

Dixon's offensive rebounding- If Lee allows more than a few then it could spell trouble.

Early lead - If Lee jumps out by 7+ early on then Estill may begin to doubt themselves.

Fouls - Expect either Dixon or Rich to get into trouble.

Threes- The team that misses the most treys probably loses.

Coach Wright should have thrown one of those three games in the regular season so that Lee wouldn't be in this terrible position of needing to pick up that fourth win. Everyone knows it is easier to win later if you lose a couple earlier! Come on guys, being 3-0 against a team is an advantage, not a detriment, common sense tells you that. Lee may well lose to Estill because Estill certainly has the horses to pull it off, but it is NOT going to be easier for them because Lee has already beat them three times.

I'll take Lee, because they have proved that they can win.

It's a valid concern when the games and wins have been close, which these 3 have been. It's like anything else that you try and fall a little short at, you regroup and try again with a little different twist. A good coach will take a loss, figure out why he lost, and make adjustments. When you have 3 previous games to analyize the chances are you can alter something that will make a difference. This should be a heck of a game, I think Lee will win though because the flip side of the coin is the team that has won the 3 previous games will have some kind of new look to throw at the challenger.

If Lee jumps out to an early lead I think that Estill's convincing victory vs Powell will become a distant memory and they will basically concede to a Lee team who has beat them 3 times (including a tournament). .

This Engineer team has proved all year long that they do not concede to any team - especially in the 56th district championship game. This team knows how to play from behind - just ask Jackson City. :thumb:

I would like to see Lee County win this, but if Estill County is firing on all cyliders they are hard to stop. I know Coach Wright is extremely proud of his team, and whatever the outcome of the game, they have had a tremendous season. Should be a dandy in Beattyville!!

This Engineer team has proved all year long that they do not concede to any team - especially in the 56th district championship game. This team knows how to play from behind - just ask Jackson City. :thumb:

They seemed to give up at the JCC tourney and somewhat at the last game in Beattyville. Just my impression- maybe wrong. That this game is NOT a 'win or go home' situation may be a factor.

A lot of Lee fans were hoping for a rematch with Estill instead of Powell, mostly due to the "Romans factor" but I'm sure that you guys changed a lot of minds after last nights trouncing of the Pirates :eek: .

Memories of 3 losses has to be difficult to keep blocked away. Lee has never beat PCC and the same would apply in that situation (and probably did when Lee lost to PCC earlier this season).

I'm glad that the red is gone from Beattyville (Powell/Owsley) and Estill is the team that I'm rooting for (besides Lee ) on the road to Rupp. I'm really glad that your team made it in. Good Luck Engineers (after the next game tho :D ) and it would be great if we happen to meet again this season!

I like Lee by 6 or 7. Estill played extremely well last night but they way overmatched Powell. I don't want to take anything away from their win but firing on all cylinders against Powell and Lee are horses of two different colors. Estill's offense seems to be a little chaotic at times. Foul trouble may play a huge part in this game. With two very athletic teams they will be going at it and the way the game is officiated may play a big role. What I mean is if it is called closely or they let them play. Lee without Rich and Estill without Dixon then Lee wins big.