Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lee vs. Estill - 56th District Championship

Featured Replies

Lee has created matchup problems for most teams all year with their deep bench. This could also play a factor tomorrow night. Also, Lee has quicker defenders to put on dixon and berryman than did Powell. If they play Dixon on Rich, Clint may be tired enough from defense to put up too many points.

Estill by 3 in physical game. The difference will be if Estill can pull Rich out from the basket on defense.

No they can't actually. Owsley tried to do that.

 

I'm glad that the red is gone from Beattyville (Powell/Owsley)QUOTE]

 

Since when has Owsley County changed their school colors from maroon to red??

Since when has Owsley County changed their school colors from maroon to red??

 

Sorry Prof, I guess that I should have said that ITS' ALL BLUE/WHITE IN BEATTYVILLE! (now technically, Lee Co's uniforms have a bit of red too, but I don't count that lol)

 

BTW - Maroon is a color mixture composed of brown and purple. Although conceptually a color mixture, it can be regarded as a dark (and possibly also desaturated) shade of red. (Wikipedia)

 

Nothing personal but I'm kind of old-school and well remember the rivalry. I just think that Estill and Lee can best represent the 56th this year. (I'm not too unhappy that some other red uniforms will be absent from the big show this year...)

  • Author

The key to this game is obviously going to be how effectivelly Estill can shut down Tyler Rich without opening up capable shooters like Fetters, Taulbee, and the twins.

 

I thought that Dixon did a pretty good job of shutting down Rich in the game at Beattyville - but during this - it set up the shooters who were up to their game and delivered for the bobcats.

 

It will be interesting to see that if Estill can shut down Rich - will Lee's shooters be able to deliver...and if the fire that Estill played with against Powell will continue to burn tomorrow night.

I think Lee County will win in a close game. They're playing at home, and they have already defeated the Engineers 3 times this year, by 3, 11, and 7 points. I see this game being somewhere around the 5 point range. The teams match up pretty good. Dixon and Rich are differnt style players, but both can score/rebound, and are very important to their teams. It's key that neither gets in foul trouble.

I feel the 56th district's best two representatives are going to the regional tournament..... that's why I'm such a huge advocate of seeding.

Good luck to both. :thumb:

I really believe that tis won't be the last time Lee and Estill play this year. I believe they may be the best two teams left. I believe Lee will win at home. The game that scares me will be on the nuetral floor at Knott, if it happens

I agree this should be a good game to watch if both teams show up to play. Fouls could dictate the winner. I think Lee has the better outside shooters so I will take Lee by 6.

 

The regional tournament shoud be a blast. I would not discount Hazard or Leslie - when they are on they can play with either of these two teams.

I agree this should be a good game to watch if both teams show up to play. Fouls could dictate the winner. I think Lee has the better outside shooters so I will take Lee by 6.

 

The regional tournament shoud be a blast. I would not discount Hazard or Leslie - when they are on they can play with either of these two teams.

No doubt about Hazard and Leslie. You win the district, and then supposed to get an easier draw with a runner-up. No such luck this year. Winners and runners-up are going to be about the same. No easy draw anywhere that I see.

I am not use to thinking of Estill Co in the region. I have not watched them play. Do they have any size?

Yes they have some good sized kids. Dixon is a big strong boy that can put the ball on the floor and go to the hoop. Some talk above about Lee overlooking Estill, but that won't happen, as concern was that Bobcats would overlook Owsley. We have seen enough of Estill this year to understand perfectly what can happen. Estill may beat Lee, but it won't be because Lee underestimated them

Should be exciting. I'm glad for both Rich and Dixon because their seasons will at least go on at least one more game beyond this game and hopefully more. I can't wait!!!!!

Both teams are very capable of winning. Estill should be able to match up with Lee. THis will be a hard fought game that will be decided by just a few points. Montgomery County is the only team that has defeated Lee at home this year. I dont see Estill doing it.

 

Estill 62

Lee 68

  • Author
Both teams are very capable of winning. Estill should be able to match up with Lee. THis will be a hard fought game that will be decided by just a few points. Montgomery County is the only team that has defeated Lee at home this year. I dont see Estill doing it.

 

Estill 62

Lee 68

 

Lee is extremely tough in Beattyville - but let me tell you...if the same Estill team that played in Beatyville Wednesday comes plus a hot shooting Berryman (who had a rare off game against Powell) - the Bobcats could very well be in trouble.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.