Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BadCat

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BadCat

  1. If my math is correct, 11 district games, (estill and owsley being the 12th), total point differential 23, eight overtime periods. Three pretty even teams.
  2. If Owsley beats Estill, will be three teams 4-2, so would depend on tie breaker.
  3. I'm not sure, but if 3 way tie, and 1st tie breaker doesn't work, don't they use record against other region team? Do you know for sure, professor? District is a toss-up, but edge to Estill since in their gym, although that doesn't seem to mean much this year.
  4. Lee and Estill rivalry has turned into a hot one, no doubt about it. Looks like Estill vs. Powell and Lee vs. Owsley in district, right?
  5. Sounds like things got pretty hoy down there tonight.
  6. My baby going to play at that regional band, I'll be there with bells on. I think estill wins a close one, but Owsley may turn tables in Booneville. (I know game over, but I have no idea of outcome.)
  7. Lee trailed by 19 in third quarter, came back to win by nine.
  8. Your score probably right. Lee needed to win by three.
  9. I am sure Lee won, but score might be slightly off. I first heard Lee by four, but got this score. In any event, think it locks Lee in for number 2 seed in district. Five wins in a row for Lee, including a tough one over Ryle.
  10. Professor, as usual, is correct. Lee and Wolfe have played at least twice a year for as long as I can remember, and I am well into my 50's. In fact, during the realignment, one of the worst things that could have happened did, splitting Lee and Wolfe, but both schools wanted the rivalry kept going, and were successful.
  11. Lee County unusually deep. At least 10 kids that can play, and would probably start any other year.
  12. Lee County has about eight sophomores that are ready to play, plus Pittman. I really think they are going to surprise some teams.
  13. Very young this year. Pittman one of best in region. Probably year or so away, though.
  14. Played at Lee County. I know Owsley County's Evans had 39.
  15. A classic, one of best games I ever witnessed at any level.
  16. Before the tipoff of Lee-Powell 56th district game, the players, cheerleaders, and students in the stands from both schools spontaneously recognized and gave loud ovation to young man with disability that regularly attends games in the area. Maybe adults should follow example of kids, rather than vice-versa.
  17. Please don't seperate Lee and Owsley. We don't have much left here, but we can only hope we will always have each other.:confused:
  18. Outstanding show of sportsman ship before game. Students, Cheerleaders and players from both schools wore an item of pink in honor of mother of Lee County starter Gus Wise, who is fighting second bout wirh cancer. Commenting on this, PA announcer said before game "we are rivals, and that is fine, but we are also neighbors and friends. We are certainly not enemies". In response, two minute standing ovation from packed house just before tip-off. Fans were rewarded with great hard fought game. Lee led by nine at end of three, but Estill came back to lead by three with 40 seconds left. Lee tied game, and Aaron Charles came up big in overtime, leading Bobcats to 56th title.
  19. Aaron Charles scored 26 as Lee pulled away at the end.
  20. I was impressed by Buckhorn, they play real tough and are well coached. Pelfrey is probably most improved player in 14th. Doesn't even look like same kid out there. Lee must get turnovers under control.
  21. Lee County is looking strong. I didn't see the scrimmage with Paris Saturday, but saw them against Menifee and was impressed. Size is no issue as every starter is over six feet. Jarred Pelfrey has dropped about 20 pounds, and looks like a different player. The new kid can rebound, block shots and really run the floor Tyler Campbell looks like he may be able to just take a game over. Good outside shooters with Wise and Charles. This team may be better than the one that won All A regional couple of years ago.
  22. I ask this because I really don't know, but is June Buchanan fielding a team this year?
  23. Lee and Owsley combined would still be one of the smallest in the state, around 12000 or 13000 population. I really dont see much growth for either, as both are off the beaten path.
  24. According to very unofficial reports, this kid is strong rebounder and shot blocker. If he is as advertised, Lee will not have a starter under six feet, so size is not an issue. Charles will score. Gus Wise and Tyler Campbell are willing to mix it up with anybody, and both can shoot and play defense. My concern is point guard, a spot where they have been relatively strong the past few seasons,. If that spot works out, the Bobcats should be very good, and can make some noise at the regional level.
  25. Just heard games for tonight canceled. Not sure of reshceduling. If anyone does, please post.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.